Sept. 8 #RiseForClimate March: Get on the Bus with Us!

1 view

Hoai-An

Aug 29, 2018, 5:06:59 AM8/29/18
to ClimateActivists-SC, May 1st Coalition, OSC Earth Action, divestment-california

Tuesday 8/28, SB 100 passed!

NY Times: California took some of the most aggressive steps yet to counter the effects of climate change as legislators voted Tuesday to require that 100 percent of the state’s electricity come from carbon-free sources.

This is a HUGE win, not only for clean energy in California, but for the communities who live near oil and gas refineries and extraction.
Scientists say we only have 2-3 years to reverse climate change and avert calamity.
We have to keep demanding decisive climate action from our elected representatives.

On Saturday, Sept. 8, thousands of people will be converging in San Francisco to march before the Global Climate Action Summit hosted by Gov. Jerry Brown.

"We are calling on all elected officials to fight for a 100% clean energy economy; for family-sustaining jobs; for justice for everyone in this country regardless of age, gender, race, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, or immigration status."

RISE UP! #RiseForClimate! Rise for Climate, Jobs and Justice. It is also about environmental justice. As climate refugees flee their homes, it is also about immigration.

Get on the bus! Help us boost this message! Buses leave from Santa Rosa, Rohnert Park/Cotati, Petaluma, and 3 points in Marin to the march in SF! March on Sept. 8 in SF for climate, social justice, immigration, families and much more!

1) RSVP -> bit.ly/rise4climateCA to be counted!
2) Sign up for the bus! -> bit.ly/sonmarinrise
3) Share on Facebook -> bit.ly/rise4climate

Join us! #RiseCA!

Meeting point: At the drop-off point at 1 Steuart St. near the Ferry Building in SF, look for the huge 20-foot black & white cow float which will be carried by the vegan contingent: the Plant-Powered Planet Protectors (P4 for short). The cow will be a good, visible landmark for us to meet up - behind and to the right of the cow float. :)

"The data are clear: When people rely on civil resistance, their size grows. And when large numbers of people withdraw their cooperation from an oppressive system, the odds are ever in their favor." - Erica Chenoweth, TEDxBoulder

JOIN US!

__________
[Letter from 350.org]

Dear friend,

In 10 days,

Sonoma County Climate Activist Network is joining tens of thousands of people from across the country on the streets of San Francisco to Rise for Climate, Jobs, & Justice days before Governor Jerry Brown's Global Climate Action Summit to show our elected leaders that we demand action on climate change.

This will be the largest climate march the west coast has ever seen - and we want you there with us.

Will you march with us?

Our planet, livelihoods, and democracy are under attack - it’s time for bold leadership to reclaim our future. But to change everything, we need everyone to march in the streets and show Governor Jerry Brown and other local elected officials that we can not stick to business-as-usual solutions for today's climate disasters.

With the 2018 midterm elections fast approaching, now is the time to engage and mobilize our communities for climate, jobs, and justice.

Sign up today to join the march demanding bold climate action on September 8th, and beyond.

We are calling on all elected officials to fight for a 100% clean energy economy; for family-sustaining jobs; for justice for everyone in this country regardless of age, gender, race, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, or immigration status.

Our democracy, our livelihoods, and our future depend on a climate movement that reaches all corners of this country. To change everything, it takes everyone — and with your help we can build a sustainable world for generations to come.

Join the facebook event to stay up to date on all details leading up to the march and invite your friends and family to do the same.

In Solidarity,

Sonoma County Climate Activist Network