Fwd: CCL Call to ACTION: re pro-climate vote in the House last week!

1 view

Hoai-An

Jul 20, 2017, 2:53:47 PM7/20/17
to OSC Earth Action

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Barbara Moulton <bcmh...@sonic.net>
Date: Thu, Jul 20, 2017 at 10:35 AM
Subject: CCL Call to ACTION: re pro-climate vote in the House last week!
To: CCL Santa Rosa <ccl-san...@googlegroups.com>, CCL Santa Rosa New <ccl-santa...@googlegroups.com>

Hey all you wonderful climate advocates!

The great news from last week:  46 Republicans joined Democrats in voting down a measure that would have prevented the Defense Dept from studying the impacts of climate change on national security.

We need to thank them!  Read on….

Barbara

Barbara Moulton, Co-leader
Citizens’ Climate Lobby, Santa Rosa Group

Begin forwarded message:

From: Madeleine Para <no-reply@citizensclimatelobby.org>
Subject: CCL Action needed on pro-climate vote in the House last week!
Date: July 18, 2017 at 3:11:07 PM PDT
To: Barbara Moulton <bcmh...@sonic.net>

 Citizens' Climate Lobby
Dear Group Leaders,

We have a big clear sign of bipartisan climate progress! Last Friday, with the help of 46 Republicans, the U.S. House defeated an amendment to a Defense Department authorization bill that would have blocked a study on the impact that climate change is having on national security.

How did the Climate Solutions Caucus contribute? Together, 24 Democrats and 22 Republicans from the caucus voted to defeat this amendment. Plus, 24 other Republicans who are not (yet!) on the caucus also voted “no” on the amendment. You can read more on our blog

See which way your representative voted by looking at the final vote results here.

We think this merits a lot of attention! Can you swing into action on it?

1) Activate your media teams and/or letter-to-the-editor writers to write about this event. If your member of Congress voted pro-climate by opposing the amendment, praise him or her publicly in the local media. In all cases, cite this as a model. You can share our Letter to the Editor online action tool to make it easy to find and write to the papers in your area.

2) If your member of Congress voted pro-climate on the amendment, ask your CCL members to write or email your representative and thank him or her. You can use our online action tool to send the emails. You can also reach this link from the Take Action section of Community!

3) Share the story with your members, no matter how your own representative voted. It's good news.

(Liaisons received a separate email suggesting they contact the energy/environment aides that they work with in the House to thank them.)

Thanks, and let's keep up this momentum!
Madeleine
Copyright © 2017 Citizens' Climate Lobby
Our address is 1330 Orange Ave #309, Coronado, CA 92118, USA
Our Canadian Address is 435 Notre Dame Avenue, Lower Level, Sudbury ON P3C 5K6, Ca
​nada​