VOLUNTEERS URGENTLY NEEDED FOR MARCH 15 CLIMATE SUMMIT

SoCoCAN!

Feb 25, 2020, 8:28:04 AM2/25/20
to SoCoCAN!, Earth Action Campaign
SoCoCAN! has a wonderful event planned and our community is planning to attend.
The summit is being organized by a committee of six people - we cannot do everything needed at the event.
We need you to pitch in and help out for an hour or for the whole event.
This is a great way to meet other people and have a sense of connection with others.
Whether you are an intravert or an extravert... we need your help!

Here are some tasks that we have identified so far but more will be coming later:

•Greeters to check off who has registered and to register anyone who did not register in advance
    Two people have volunteered for this but more are still needed.
•Tablers for the SoCoCAN! table
•Set up of chairs, tables, and other logistics starting at noon
•Clean up and take down from 6-7
•Video crew
    One experienced videographer to assist in video recording
        We have a professional handling this and need one back up stand in
            This task might be covered.
    After the event we will need an experienced video editor to divide the video into topics and post on Youtube
•People to give out and collect question cards (simple job)
•People to sort the question cards for the emcee (a job for someone familiar with the issues being discussed)
•Bicycle security
    We need a team of people to watch bicycles to ensure that they are safe during the summit
    This team will miss part of the summit but if there is a team they can take turns
•Event security/peacekeepers/defusers trained in non violent communications
    We need tactful but firm people who can handle anyone potentially disruptive (hopefully we won't need this)
•People to take care of the snacks and drinks table
•Go-fers willing to do whatever is needed

Please consider how you can contribute to this Community Summit because it is Up To Us!

Sonoma County Climate Activist Network (SoCoCAN!)

Susan Kistin

Feb 25, 2020, 11:45:44 AM2/25/20
to SoCoCAN!, Earth Action Campaign
I am happy to help  with greeting and registration (I’m good at that!) and/or help with snack table. Let me know when to get there!
Susan

Susan Kistin, LMFT
Coach & Therapist
Minister of Walking Prayer

Life-Affirming Guidance for
Whole-Hearted Living

--
www.OccupySonomaCounty.org

To select the daily digest or abridged version go to your membership settings.
---