Fwd The court gets it right for wolves

1 view

oceans3

Feb 22, 2019, 12:58:10 AM2/22/19
to osc_eart...@googlegroups.com

Begin forwarded message:

From: "Earthjustice Newsletter" <en...@earthjustice.org>
Subject: The court gets it right for wolves
Date: February 17, 2019 at 5:07:23 AM PST
To: "Laura Murra" <lom...@yahoo.com>

With a team of more than 100 legal experts on staff and more than 400 active cases, Earthjustice is holding accountable those who threaten to harm our environment and break our bedrock environmental laws.

Earthjustice

A remote camera snapped this photo of a wolf pup in California's Lassen National Forest in 2017. Recently a state judge upheld protections for California's growing wolf population. (U.S. Forest Service for AP)
The court gets it right for wolves
A judge upheld California’s endangered species protections for wolves, but one lone wolf’s journey across state lines shows that federal protections are necessary for their continued survival.
READ MORE

BEES ARE IN PERIL — HELP US PROTECT THEM!
Bees and other insects are disappearing at an alarming rate. Earthjustice is going to the root of the problem and fighting in court to ban toxic pesticides. Help fund our legal battle today!
DONATE NOW

A honey bee alights on a cherry blossom in Stockton, California. Bees and other insects face a global extinction crisis. (Chris Jordan-Bloch/Earthjustice)
Bees and other insects are disappearing at an alarming rate
Millions of insects are dying, and the consequences could be catastrophic. One of the reasons for this sudden collapse? Pesticides. A new report shows how toxic chemicals are contributing to this unprecedented loss. Find out what we’re doing to protect bees and other beneficial insects.
READ MORE

A woman who identified herself as Jennifer sits with her son Jaydan at the Catholic Charities Humanitarian Respite Center after crossing the U.S.-Mexico border in McAllen, Texas. (Spencer Platt for Getty Images)
Migrant children detention center nightmare
Documents that Earthjustice and its clients have uncovered show how a proposed migrant detention center for children will be built on a former Air Force landfill site riddled with chemicals.
READ MORE

Chlorpyrifos is acutely toxic and associated with neurodevelopmental harms in children. (Austin Valley/CC by 2.0)
Wheeler’s EPA keeps brain-damaging pesticide in our food, for now
Even though the EPA’s own scientists have said that chlorpyrifos, a chemical originally used for warfare, is harmful, Acting Administrator Wheeler is asking to rehear the case and reverse the ban. We will see him in court.
READ MORE

Polar bear mother with two cubs on an ice floe in the Arctic Ocean. (Sepp Friedhuber/Getty Images)
Nowhere left for polar bears
When their home on Arctic ice melts, polar bears retreat to the remote shores of the Arctic Refuge. If an army of oil industry workers invades their new home in the dead of winter, things are not going to end well.
READ MORE

Quotable

“The President’s cynical political spectacle is creating enormous suffering for thousands of real people whose lives are at stake. We must stand in solidarity with border communities. And we must be prepared to use the full power of the law to do so.”
— Earthjustice President Abigail Dillen on President Trump’s decision to declare a national emergency to build additional miles of wall at the border
READ MORE
HOW YOU CAN HELP
Keep neuro-poisons like mercury and arsenic out of our air, water, and food chain
Under the leadership of a former coal lobbyist, the EPA is making a mockery of its mission to protect public health by gutting the Mercury and Air Toxics Standards. These critical protections prevent up to 11,000 premature deaths and 130,000 asthma attacks every year.
TAKE ACTION
A former coal lobbyist should not lead the EPA
The EPA is in danger of being taken over by a friend of corporate polluters. Again. Tell your senators: Reject former coal lobbyist Andrew Wheeler as EPA chief.
TAKE ACTION

Overruling Trump: 118 lawsuits filed for the environment against the Trump administration.

The Earth needs a good lawyer. And in this dark hour, Earthjustice has 130. We’re the lawyers for the environment, and the law is on our side. Learn more.

Laura, thank you for being an Earthjustice Donor. You make our work possible.
Last gift date: Feb 27, 2018 |  Renew your support now.
Share this:
Facebook  Twitter  Email
Trouble seeing this email?
View in browser
Earthjustice
50 California Street, Suite 500
San Francisco, CA 94111
en...@earthjustice.org
Receive Fewer Emails | Unsubscribe

Photo Credits (top to bottom): U.S.. Forest Service for AP, Chris Jordan-Bloch/Earthjustice, Spencer Platt for Getty Images, Austin Valley/CC by 2.0, Sepp Friedhuber/Getty Images
Thank you for subscribing to Earthjustice's emails.
© 2019

Laura X, founder/director of the former
National Clearinghouse on Marital and Date Rape
Women's History Library
(510) 587-3372  Berkeley, Ca.
http://ncmdr.org
New website: http://lauraxinstitute.org