Film: The Need To GROW - agricultural impacts on climate - and SOLUTIONS

1 view

Hoai-An

Oct 12, 2019, 6:25:30 PM10/12/19
to Van Luong, Joyce Nolan, 350SVChat, MOFSouthBay, ClimateActivists-SC, OSC Earth Action, John Donnelly
I haven't watched it yet, but I have a high regard for Food Revolution Network. It looks like this is a significant documentary for climate, re: agriculture. I'm going to watch it tonight, and if it's as good as I hope, I will buy this movie (only $7 right now!) Free to watch until 10/15 - 3 more days.

Oct 12, 2019, 7:39:28 PM10/12/19
to c-o...@350kitty.net, Van Luong, Joyce Nolan, 350SVChat, MOFSouthBay, ClimateActivists-SC, OSC Earth Action, John Donnelly
Roland and I watched and were disappointed. Too bad they didn't do more research before committing to these examples. I sent on to David and Hui Chun Johnson and Hui Chun agreed. Well intentioned but not well informed.
--
If you are getting too many emails from this mailing list, email sonomasoli...@gmail.com, mention the Climate Action group (as we manage several mailing lists) and we can switch you to digest mode. So instead of getting lots of individual messages, you get a batch of messages (up to 25) combined into one very long message. The digest will contain a summary of the subject lines at the top, so you can quickly scan them and click on any of topics to jump to the part you want to read. It's easier to read/scan that way. Hopefully that will be easier to manage.

However if you wish to unsubscribe, instructions are below.
.
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "ClimateActivists-SC" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/climateactivists-sc/CAA3wzz3JNYuR-oHGYycOr5VJz0tGOKpe0bHcGFxALdqf8bj8wQ%40mail.gmail.com.

V Jacobi

Oct 12, 2019, 7:50:16 PM10/12/19
to c-o...@350kitty.net, Van Luong, Joyce Nolan, 350SVChat, MOFSouthBay, ClimateActivists-SC, OSC Earth Action, John Donnelly

I have watched it, and it is AWESOME!* I would also like to invite folks to evaluate a "fun and gamifying" approach to climate solutions.  Please email me if you are interested.  My CPR Fund non profit has some $ to invest in our best ideas to get things rolling faster.  (I got to view The Need to GROW and meet one of the creators at the Heirloom Festival which is well worth attending for anyone at all near by.)

---
Warmly,
Roni

www.OurGreenChallenge.org

"Climate Change is not just another issue in this complicated world of
proliferating issues. It is the issue that, unchecked, will swamp all other issues."
- Ross Gelbspan in The Heat Is On
--
www.OccupySonomaCounty.org

To select the daily digest or abridged version go to your membership settings.
---

V Jacobi

Mark Mortensen

Oct 13, 2019, 5:11:57 PM10/13/19
to V Jacobi, c-o...@350kitty.net, Van Luong, Joyce Nolan, 350SVChat, MOFSouthBay, ClimateActivists-SC, OSC Earth Action, John Donnelly
Watched the video. Inspiring. I even signed up for the other learning opportunities offered at the end. We're re-booting a fallow community garden at my school. Fits right in with the message here. Thanks for the heads up, Roni.

Mark

Twitter: @MarkM33

--
If you are getting too many emails from this mailing list, email sonomasoli...@gmail.com, mention the Climate Action group (as we manage several mailing lists) and we can switch you to digest mode. So instead of getting lots of individual messages, you get a batch of messages (up to 25) combined into one very long message. The digest will contain a summary of the subject lines at the top, so you can quickly scan them and click on any of topics to jump to the part you want to read. It's easier to read/scan that way. Hopefully that will be easier to manage.

However if you wish to unsubscribe, instructions are below.
.
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "ClimateActivists-SC" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/climateactivists-sc/5780d340aef6268731b0edefb249b5a0%40sonic.net.

Kamal Prasad

Oct 15, 2019, 12:08:15 AM10/15/19
to c-o...@350kitty.net, Van Luong, Joyce Nolan, 350SVChat, MOFSouthBay, ClimateActivists-SC, OSC Earth Action, John Donnelly, Anne Jacopetti
What exactly is wrong with it and what's the evidence that the practices described in the film are not worth considering?

- http://blog.sciencesquare.com
- http://kamalprasad.com

'Live Long and Prosper,' as a Vulcan would say.

Do you know someone who has or is transitioning to a more compassionate and sustainable plant-based lifestyle. Share this "Welcome to the Community" video with them: https://youtu.be/xGqCRHpnMZw

Do we really need GMOs to feed a growing population, or is there another, simpler solution. https://youtu.be/-DvUbF3pqbA

Human population may be a problem but there is a bigger population problem that anyone can do something about: https://youtu.be/P85tspnn34U

--
www.OccupySonomaCounty.org

To select the daily digest or abridged version go to your membership settings.
---

Christopher Fisher

Oct 15, 2019, 3:00:09 PM10/15/19
to Kamal Prasad, c-o...@350kitty.net, Van Luong, Joyce Nolan, 350SVChat, MOFSouthBay, ClimateActivists-SC, OSC Earth Action, John Donnelly, Anne Jacopetti
Appreciate the heads-up and the commentary. This seemed to me a fine, inspiring intro to some of the characters and concepts behind regenerative ag, and a good snapshot of the contemporary food movement. Good stuff to inspire folks to explore and experiment further.

Thanks for sharing.

Christopher