Climate Change Major Disaster Declaration Campaign and Hurricane Harvey

1 view

Jorge Rebagliati

Sep 1, 2017, 6:24:05 PM9/1/17
to osc_eart...@googlegroups.com
Dear osc-earth-action friends:

As you get the news about the results from Hurricane Harvey I invite you to ponder why you still have not supported our Climate Change Major Disaster Declaration Campaign.  Do you think that Climate Change is not really that important?  Do you believe that you are immune to the effects of Climate Change?  Do you think that humans have a lot of time to deal with the problem?  Do you think that Climate RESTORATION and ADAPTATION are too expensive?

Well, Hurricane Harvey has served us a very dramatic notice indicating that nobody is safe from the wrath of Nature and that Climate Change denial is not cheap.  Besides the mounting number of deaths and over 100,000 homes destroyed, the tab for Harvey is estimated at $190,000,000,000 (Yes, 190 billion US dollars).

Will you sign the petition now or you still need more time?

Also, remember to issue your own Climate Change Major Disaster Declaration in your e-mails (See below), websites, etc..

On a different note, we are looking for a new platform for our petition other than change.org who is showing us too much of its money-grabbing mission.

With gratitude,

Jorge

"We are the ones we've been waiting for"

DECLARATION: "Climate Change Is Already A Major Disaster"