Climate Change Action leadership: are we in good hands?

Jorge Rebagliati

Oct 27, 2017, 8:32:02 PM10/27/17
to OSC - Earth Action Campaign
Dear friends:

Can we trust that the known leaders of Climate Change Action will lead us to safe harbor?  Unfortunately, I do not think so.  In general, they are not doing much and CONFUSING THE ISSUE by giving unrealistic timelines and focusing on parts of the Climate Crisis instead of dealing with the whole.

Below I have copied a link to an article where Christine Lagarde, IMF Chief warns that "we will be toasted, roasted and grilled" by Climate Change in 50 years if "we do not make decisions for the future of the planet in the coming decades".

If you think that we have decades to get serious on Climate Change you will buying into the mirage that most public figures are presenting.  They imply that we are safe now but we better do something in the coming decades.

A similar message was sent in the early 1980's (About 35 years)  and not much happened.  In the meantime, carbon in the atmosphere kept on growing and the atmosphere kept on getting hotter.  Are you aware that the last time that the CO2 concentration in the atmosphere was 350 ppm was in 1986?

Please visualize Sonoma County (or any other place on Earth) in the future if we do not totally have Climate Change Action as the core organizing principal of our economies and societies.

Be well,

Jorge

"We are the ones we've been waiting for"

DECLARATION: "Climate Crisis Is Already A Major Disaster"