Come out at see Generation Zapped at Sonoma state on 4/23 with expert panel and learn about why we don't want more cell towers in our neighborhoods

lendri purcell

Apr 17, 2018, 3:37:56 PM4/17/18
to osc_eart...@googlegroups.com
Hello Everyone,
 I am not sure if you have seen this article in The Nation that just came out titled, How Big Wirless is Making us Sick. https://www.thenation.com/article/how-big-wireless-made-us-think-that-cell-phones-are-safe-a-special-investigation/. Also, you may or may not be aware that big telecom is trying to shove an unsafe, uninsured 5G deployment down our throats (mini cell towers on every 4-5 lampposts in our towns so they can take over cable by allowing us to live-stream TV and movies on all our devices) despite the growing body of science suggesting that this is a very dangerous idea. These greedy, myopic folks don't care.  While telecom is pushing this untested technology on us more and more studies are coming out (like almost every week) on the dangers of EMF radiation. This is just like what tobacco did with cigarettes and thanks to the telecom act of 1996 you can't even mention health issues when suing about this issue. I helped work to get Proposition 65 vetoed this summer (thanks to those of you who signed the petition and called). That would have made it impossible for any cities  in CA to protest this. You can find info. about how to organize in your community here- http://mystreetmychoice.com/
    In Petaluma we are holding this off because we educated our city officials about the known health hazards of wireless radiation and we need them to update our municipal code to have new setback rules for any new towers that would make it impossible for this 5G plan since the towers need to be really near our homes. Cities and states are fighting this around the county. We need people willing to volunteer, money, ideas, anything. You may ask why aren't the environmental health groups working on this or the government regulatory groups- I can go on and on about that (see Harvard Ethics Paper FCC Captured Agency) and my job (volunteer) is to try to get the environmental health groups to work on this. Most know its a problem, but they are having a hard enough time getting any bad chemicals banned or regulated and they need capacity to take this on. Some of the studies you need to read and understand are the NTP (National Toxicology Program) study (https://goo.gl/jgh5kf), the Bioinitiative Reports (www.biointiative.org) and the Ramazzini Institute study (https://www.ramazzini.org) of 3/22/18 entitled: Animal study on Base Station/Cell Tower Radiofrequency Radiation, although there are thousands of other studies as well.The IAFF (International Association of Firefighters) is opposed to cell towers near fire stations due to the health effects of cellphone microwave exposures which include brain cancers such as glioblastomas.
   This link explains why landlines are safer, cheaper in the long run, more secure and more energy-saving. We need cities to take the advice the Commonwealth Club forum and the ACLU -to own the broadband. They can get bonds to finish running the fiber (that we have already paid for  in advance on our phone bills) to the homes or premises and charge less and make money. It is a win win for everyone but telecom.

Thanks for your time,
 Lendri Purcell (Founder of FACTS- Families Advocating for Chemical and Toxics Safety, VP, Jonas Philanthropies)

Dear friends,

You are invited to the upcoming screening of the Generation Zapped Film Screening at Sonoma State University on Monday, April 23 at 7 PM.  This film will be the first film screened to also have Spanish subtitles.  Generation Zapped also just won Best Directing and First Place Documentary at the Los Angeles Women's International Film Festival, and Best Documentary for the DC Independent Film festival.

Trailer: Generation  Zapped

Warmly,

Sarah Aminoff

Generation Zapped film (74 minutes) and Experts Panel
Learn about Electromagnetic Sensitivity (EMS)
(English with Spanish Subtitles)

April 23 2018
7:00 PM
Sonoma State University
Stevenson Hall 1002 (Free)

Sabine El Gemayel is Director & Producer, and Peter Sullivan is Executive Producer of "Generation Zapped."

This documentary investigates the controversial subject of radio frequencies effects on our health and well-being, as well as the health and development of our children. From its links to breast and brain cancer, to its associations with increased infertility and genetic mutations related to autism and ADHD, to newly developed illnesses, such as Electromagnetic Sensitivity (EMS).   The film will be followed by a guest panel: Lloyd Morgan, Senior Research Fellow, Environmental Health Trust, Reinette Senum, former Mayor of Nevada City, Michael Neuert, EMF Engineering Consultant, Sarah Aminoff, California Alliance for Safer Technology (host).

Sponsors: Sonoma State University--Sociology Social Justice and Activism Club, Project Censored, Media Freedom Foundation, Sociology of Conspiracies Class-371, Lydia’s Kind Foods Inc., and California Brain Tumor Association (CABTA)

--
Democracy isn't a spectator sport. USE IT OR LOSE IT.