Fwd: Write postcards and/or send texts to flip the house/senate to Democrats!

1 view

Hoai-An

Sep 26, 2018, 3:21:42 AM9/26/18
to May 1st Coalition, OSC Earth Action

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Sunny Galbraith <galbrai...@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, Sep 25, 2018 at 9:49 PM
Subject: [Climate Activists-SC] Write postcards and/or send texts to flip the house/ senate to Democrats!

Hi All -

At our 350 meeting last week we had two presenters from Indivisible let us know about opportunities for people in "safe" Democratic districts (like Sonoma County) to help Democratic candidates in swing districts/ states for the Nov 6th election.

Here is a master calendar of events in our area (phone banks, postcard parties, texting parties, canvassing, etc.).  Click on the event for location, etc. info:

You can also do postcards or texting on your own.  It is my understanding that all of the actions below only involve contacting registered Democrats or independents:

1.  You can send texts (very organized - you get script and people receiving the texts do not get your number.  Studies show that 90% of texts are read - so this is very effective.)  See attachment "Texting for Nov 2018 election" for links to groups doing this- just sign up and they give you all instructions.  Or - go to a local "texting party".

350 Sonoma will hold a texting party at our next meeting: Wed, Oct 17th, 7pm. Peace and Justice Center, Santa Rosa. (We will also have postcards available at this meeting if you are not a texter).

2.  You can write postcards.  Studies show that handwritten postcards stand out from all the mailers and are read much more by recipients.  Send an email to Jack Ziegler <j...@sonic.net>.  He will email you addresses, script, and dates to send.  You provide the postcards and stamps.

Large weekly postcard event:  every Tues 12-2 at Round Table Pizza in Montgomery Village.   You can write the cards there, or just drop by and purchase (at cost) a packet that contains everything you need.

3.  Phone banking.  See "Swing Left Phone Banking" attachment for local dates, locations and times

4.  Canvassing.  For those who can go on the road and canvass (go door-to-door to registered Democrats to remind them to vote/ educate, etc) in other districts.  The attachment "Canvassing and Last Weekend Events.." has all the info about carpools, etc.  You will be paired with an experienced canvasser!

Texting for Nov 2018 election.xlsx
Swing Left Phone Banking Updated_092318.docx
Canvassing And The Last Weekend Events for 2018 Mid Term Election_updated 092318.docx