Fwd Extinction Rebellion SF Bay Area: Time to take to the streets!

1 view

Emerald

Feb 25, 2020, 12:22:33 AM2/25/20
to SoCoCAN!, Earth Action Campaign

Upcoming Climate Actions

XRSFBay Logo

The planet's heating up and so are we. Join us and our partners for ongoing actions:

Chase Bank, SF on January 31. (Photo: Kelly Johnson)

Stop The Money Pipeline @Chase Day Of Action #2

Where: Chase Bank, 14th St. and Broadway, Oakland

When: Friday, February 28th, 11:00am to 1:00pm

Join us on the streets to demand that JPMorgan Chase -- the #1 U.S. Bank funding fossil fuel projects -- divest and move their investments to clean, renewable energy. We closed a branch in San Francisco last month -- now let's make some noise in Oakland!

Ironically, a recent study by JP Morgan's own economists confirms that current climate policy negatively impacts the economy, human health, species survival and water supply, and may lead to "catastrophic outcomes where human life as we know it is threatened" if continued unchanged. Step it up, Chase!

Also: We're looking for volunteers to help with communications and handing out flyers. AND...

Do you have a Chase card? Now's the time to make a statement by publicly cutting the Chase. To learn more, email Leah.

Details and RSVP: https://www.facebook.com/events/476514553028022/

Upcoming Talks & Trainings

Heading For Extinction Talk

In this public talk, climate speakers from Extinction Rebellion will share the latest climate science on where our planet is heading and offer solutions through the study of social movements. The talk itself goes from 9:00 - 10:15. Afterwards, until 10:50, we'll answer any questions, including how to get involved in XR SF Bay!

Where: Sports Basement Berkeley, 2727 Milvia St, Berkeley, CA 94703

When: Feb 29, 2020 09:00 AM - 11:00 AM in Pacific Time (US and Canada)

https://www.facebook.com/events/242973056729410

XR SF Bay Orientations

Been to a Heading for Extinction Talk or seen us in the media? Want to get more involved? Attend an Orientation Call!

Feb 29, 2020 05:00 - 06:00 PM Pacific Time (US and Canada)

Please fill out this form to join the Zoom call:

https://zoom.us/meeting/register/uJQldOuopz8paFNow8aRwEjO_s-E30hd4w

Mar 02, 2020 07:00 PM - 08:00 PM Pacific Time (US and Canada)

Please fill out this form to join the Zoom call:

https://zoom.us/meeting/register/u5Ypd-mupzsp7wlGHzj1cSaz4js8l_IrYQ

Stay Involved With XRSFBAY

Our website https://extinctionrebellionsfbay.org now includes pages on how to Get Started and Connect with members of our community. Help us #TellTheTruth about the climate crisis, and get in touch!

Stay rebellious and mark your calendars for the @Chase action  on February 28th!

Rebelliously yours,

The XRSFBay Team

#stopthemoneypipeline #ExtinctionRebellion #ClimateEmergency #cutthechasechallenge