URGENT: PLEASE SIGN THIS CLIMATE CHANGE ACTION PETITION TO THE SONOMA COUNTY BOARD OF SUPERVISORS

1 view

Jorge Rebagliati

May 29, 2018, 2:10:56 AM5/29/18
to ClimateActivists-SC, OSC - Earth Action Campaign, Veronica Jacobi
 Dear Friends:

The Climate Change Major Disaster Declaration Campaign (A member of SoCoCAN) has written the petition"SONOMA COUNTY BOARD OF SUPERVISORS ISSUE A CLIMATE CHANGE MAJOR DISASTER DECLARATION NOW" (See below and in the attachment) to be delivered at the Sonoma County Board of Supervisors, 575 Administration Drive, Room 100 A, Santa Rosa, CA, on Thursday, May 31st, 2018.

Please support this petition by signing it and by joining us when we delivered it on 5/31/18.  We apologize for the short notice to sign this petition but we trust that it can be done with your enthusiastic support.

 You can sign the petition in person at Jorge's home in Santa Rosa by calling 707-578-6049, by faxing your signed copy at the same phone number or by scanning the signed copy and e-mailing it to jorge...@sbcglobal.net.

Please sign it like this:
Signature
Name in print
Title, profession
Organization (if any)

We will soon inform you about the time when we will deliver the signed petition copies to the Board.

This is a propitious time to submit this petition because:

1) James Gore, District 4 supervisor and chairman of the Sonoma County Board of Supervisors recently e-mailed Jorge to inform him about the Sonoma County Climate Change Action Resolution the Board had issued on May 8th, 2018, and acknowledged that it is not the "binding declaration that Jorge and his partners are seeking".  (See below a copy of his e-mail).

May 29, 2018, 11:00:39 AM5/29/18
to ClimateActivists-SC, OSC - Earth Action Campaign, Veronica Jacobi
  Dear Friends:
4) Our "California Governor: Declare Climate Change A Major Disaster Before It's Too Late" has grown by close to 50% since April 30, 2018.
Please sign this petition to the Sonoma County Board of Supervisors by 5/30/18 in any of the ways we suggested and join us to submit it to the Sonoma County Board of Supervisors.  Our unity may work out the miracle we are all wishing for.
Petition to the Sonoma County Bpoard of Supervisors 5:31:18.pages

Jorge Rebagliati

May 29, 2018, 11:21:00 AM5/29/18
to ClimateActivists-SC, OSC - Earth Action Campaign, Veronica Jacobi, Carmen V. Hulbert, Kamran Nayeri, Ezra Silk, John Mitchell
We are sending this e-mail one more time with the attached petition document in PDF format, so you do not have difficulties opening it.

"We are the ones we've been waiting for"

DECLARATION: "Climate Crisis Is Already A Major Disaster"

Petition to the Sonoma County Bpoard of Supervisors 5:31:18.pdf

Jorge Rebagliati

May 29, 2018, 11:22:06 PM5/29/18
to ClimateActivists-SC, OSC - Earth Action Campaign, Veronica Jacobi
Dear friends:

Thanks to those of you that have already signed the "SONOMA COUNTY BOARD OF SUPERVISORS ISSUE A CLIMATE CHANGE MAJOR DISASTER DECLARATION NOW" petition.

I remind the rest of you that we are trying to get the rest of the signatures by tomorrow and deliver the signed petition to the Sonoma County Board of Supervisors on Thursday (5/31/18).

This is an opportunity to show real unity of purpose and our commitment to achieve a meaningful solution to Climate Change.  Please take a few minutes to support this petition with your signature.

Thanks,

Jorge Rebagliati

Climate Change Major Disaster Declaration Campaign

SoCoCAN
Petition to the Sonoma County Bpoard of Supervisors 5:31:18.pdf

Jorge Rebagliati

May 30, 2018, 11:40:33 AM5/30/18
to ClimateActivists-SC, OSC - Earth Action Campaign, Veronica Jacobi
Dear friends:

This is the last reminder to get your signatures to us today for the "SONOMA COUNTY BOARD OF SUPERVISORS ISSUE A CLIMATE CHANGE MAJOR DISASTER DECLARATION NOW" petition.

In our first e-mail at the bottom you will find the 3 ways that you can sign the petition.

Please be aware that Climate Change Action is not anymore just about saving the Earth but also about saving your own life and the lives of the people you love.  Only massive and immediate action can have a chance of succeeding.  If we can get the Sonoma County Board of Supervisors to issue the Climate Change Major Disaster Declaration, a big step will have been taken for both goals in Sonoma County and elsewhere.

Please sign the petition.  This is very important.

Love,

Jorge

Climate Change Major Disaster Declaration Campaign

SoCoCAN

"We are the ones we've been waiting for"

DECLARATION: "Climate Crisis Is Already A Major Disaster"

Petition to the Sonoma County Bpoard of Supervisors 5:31:18.pdf

Jorge Rebagliati

May 30, 2018, 8:01:27 PM5/30/18
to ClimateActivists-SC, OSC - Earth Action Campaign, Veronica Jacobi
Dear friends:

We will be delivering the "SONOMA COUNTY BOARD OF SUPERVISORS ISSUE A CLIMATE CHANGE MAJOR DISASTER DECLARATION NOW" petition tomorrow Thursday, 5/31/18 at 4:00 pm at the Sonoma County Board of Supervisors Chamber, 575 Administration Drive, Room 100 A, Santa Rosa, CA.

We will gather at 3:40 pm in front of Room 100 A to get organized, give time for people to arrive, sign the petition if you have not done it ahead of time and, perhaps, talk to reporters if they come.

Please e-mail me back if you are pretty sure you can come tomorrow.  Needless to say that "the more the merrier".

I want to assure those of you that are still deciding about signing this petition that the Climate Change-Ready Sonoma County that this petition asks for, includes ALL the Climate Change Action projects you are working on.

Thank you,

Jorge

Climate Change Major Disaster Declaration Campaign

SoCoCAN

"We are the ones we've been waiting for"

DECLARATION: "Climate Crisis Is Already A Major Disaster"

Petition to the Sonoma County Bpoard of Supervisors 5:31:18.pdf

Jorge Rebagliati

May 31, 2018, 1:23:38 PM5/31/18
to ClimateActivists-SC, OSC - Earth Action Campaign, Veronica Jacobi
 Dear friends:

We will be delivering the "SONOMA COUNTY BOARD OF SUPERVISORS ISSUE A CLIMATE CHANGE MAJOR DISASTER DECLARATION NOW" petition today Thursday, 5/31/18 at 4:00 pm at the Sonoma County Board of Supervisors Chamber, 575 Administration Drive, Room 100 A, Santa Rosa, CA.

We will gather at 3:40 pm in front of Room 100 A to get organized, give time for people to arrive, sign the petition if you have not done it ahead of time and, perhaps, talk to reporters if they come.

Please e-mail me back (or call me at 707-578-6049) if you are pretty sure you can come today.  Needless to say that "the more the merrier".
Petition to the Sonoma County Bpoard of Supervisors 5:31:18.pdf