EARTH ACTION IN THE NEWS - SPECIAL SCIENCE ISSUE - 11/7/19

Emerald

Nov 7, 2019, 10:15:05 AM11/7/19
to Earth Action Campaign
A report was released this week from the scientific community about the seriousness of climate change and a call to all of us to act urgently.
Here is what scientists are saying about the climate emergency:

‘Untold human suffering’: 11,000 scientists from across world unite to declare global climate emergency
https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-50316561

Scientists Declare A Climate Emergency, Warn Of ‘Untold Human Suffering’
https://www.huffpost.com/entry/scientists-declare-climate-emergency_n_5dc0a206e4b0bedb2d513df8?amp=1

Climate change: ‘Clear and unequivocal’ emergency, say scientists
https://www.bbc.com/news/science-environment-50302392

11,000 Scientists Declare a Climate Emergency
https://www.ecowatch.com/scientists-declare-climate-emergency-2641234117.html?utm_source=EcoWatch+List&utm_campaign=f140474ddf-EMAIL_CAMPAIGN_COPY_01&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_49c7d43dc9-f140474ddf-86095421

Environmental Scientists Want Help Coping With Their Grief
https://www.ecowatch.com/environmental-scientists-grief-2641190694.html

A Scary Year for Climate Change
https://blogs.scientificamerican.com/observations/a-scary-year-for-climate-change/?amp
"Scientists’ warnings about climate change have intensified over the past 12 months. Will world leaders finally listen?"

Scientists Show How Fossil Fuel Industry Deceived the Public About the Climate Crisis
https://www.ecowatch.com/fossil-fuel-industry-deceived-public-2641052019.html?rebelltitem=1#rebelltitem1

Scientist Warns Breaching a 'Carbon Threshold' Could Lead to Mass Extinction Event
https://www.ecowatch.com/carbon-threshold-mass-extinction-2639150330.html

When people join together with a powerful intention, unexpected breakthroughs occur.  The best way to address difficult feelings about this is to get active.  It's not too late, but we have to act now.
Join one of the 30+ climate change groups in Sonoma County.
To join the OSC Earth Action Campaign, attend our meetings on the 3rd Monday every month (no meeting in December) from 7-9 PM at the Peace & Justice Center.  We are a small group and can only do so much.  We can accomplish much more with your involvement and support.
OSC is also active in the Sonoma County Climate Activist Network (SoCoCAN!), a network of 24+ local climate change groups and over 100 individuals.  We are currently working together to support the All Electric Reach Code at Santa Rosa City Council.  Your involvement is urgently needed for that campaign to succeed.  You can help by writing to the city council (today) and by attending council meetings (next week) in support of this important campaign that needs your help.  Contact SoCoCAN! at: sonomac...@gmail.com.
If you have more money than time consider sending a donation, however big or small, to as many climate change activist groups as you can.  Contact OSC at: http://occupysonomacounty.org/contact-form.

http://OccupySonomaCounty.org
(en español)

Occupy Sonoma County embraces the egalitarian, deep democracy principles of the Occupy Movement with a regional strategy for effectively organizing countywide social justice campaigns that are globally relevant.