BIDEN RESCINDS KXL!

Hoai-An Truong

Jan 20, 2021, 10:36:34 PM1/20/21
to Sonoma-NoDAPL, Anti-Racist Allies SC, ClimateActivists-SC, May 1st Coalition, OSC Earth Action

"A huge victory for Lakota and Indigenous front liners and Water Protectors. None of this would have been possible without their sacrifices," Nick Estes, a citizen of the Lower Brule Sioux Tribe and an assistant professor of American studies at the University of New Mexico, tweeted. "This decision to halt the Keystone XL pipeline on day one in office sets a precedent that all permitting decisions must pass a climate test and respect Indigenous rights," said Mackey [of 350.org]. "We expect the administration to make similar announcements on Dakota Access Pipeline and Line 3. We celebrate this great victory and the powerful movement to keep fossil fuels in the ground."
Dallas Goldtooth, Keep It in the Ground campaign organizer for the Indigenous Environmental Network, said in response to Biden's plan to rescind the pipeline permit that "our communities have been fighting KXL for over a decade, tooth and nail, in the dirt and in the courts."
"We formed an immensely powerful, unlikely alliance of voices and we never gave up," said Goldtooth. "I will wait for the ink to dry before I fully celebrate, but s**t this feels good."

creek shade

Jan 21, 2021, 11:00:55 AM1/21/21
to c-o...@350kitty.net, Sonoma-NoDAPL, Anti-Racist Allies SC, ClimateActivists-SC, May 1st Coalition, OSC Earth Action
Is it final? Are we sure it’s in writing? What about this quote below?

"We formed an immensely powerful, unlikely alliance of voices and we never gave up," said Goldtooth.
"I will wait for the ink to dry before I fully celebrate, but s**t this feels good."

Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."
                                    - Margaret Mead

Sent from Maya's iPhone

Kathleen Finigan

Jan 21, 2021, 5:06:32 PM1/21/21
to Lilith Rogers, creek shade, c-o...@350kitty.net, Sonoma-NoDAPL, Anti-Racist Allies SC, ClimateActivists-SC, May 1st Coalition, OSC Earth Action
😁💟🎉

On Thu, Jan 21, 2021 at 1:07 PM Lilith Rogers <lilith...@gmail.com> wrote:
OH HOOORAYYY!!

A Good day for us ALL!!

Lilith

--
To reduce the volume of emails from this listserv you can switch your preferences to the Digest or Abridged mode.
With the Digest version you get up to 25 messages combined into one email where you can click on the topics you want to read.

Be kind whenever possible.

 It is always possible.

                         HH Dalai Lama