Message from Friends of Climate Action Plan (FoCAP)

4 visualizações
Pular para a primeira mensagem não lida

Hoai-An

não lida,
9 de jul. de 2019, 01:34:5709/07/2019
para OSC Earth Action, AJR (Alliance for a Just Recovery), May 1st Coalition, Sonoma-NoDAPL, Anti-Racist Allies SC, ClimateActivists-SC
A Message from Friends of the Climate Action Plan

The second meeting of Santa Rosa's City Council Sub-committee on Climate will meet on Wednesday, July 10th at 4pm in the City Council chamber. This meeting will take up the issue of the city signing up for Evergreen, the 100% renewable program with Sonoma Clean Power. Most of the city's municipal accounts (about 40 of them) are water agency accounts that heat water. By going Evergreen, the city will immediately reduce their green house gas emissions.

The city of Sonoma did this in 2016 to the tune of $16,000 per year; the city of Cotati just voted to do this to the tune of $17,000 per year. The exact cost for Santa Rosa is expected to be discussed at this July 10th meeting, it will obviously be much more than other cities but this would be putting our money where the crisis is immediately, not in some future year, we are way past the 'wait and see' strategy.

We have to fill the chamber again in order to keep the pressure on the sub-committee, so please ask your friends, members and fellow volunteers to be there whether they intend to speak or not. Many thanks for your involvement.

For more information or questions please call Mike Turgeon at:  707-569-4043

Responder a todos
Responder ao autor
Encaminhar
0 nova mensagem