Carbon neutral hydrocarbons

Jorge Rebagliati

Feb 22, 2018, 3:15:42 PM2/22/18
to ClimateActivists-SC, OSC - Earth Action Campaign
Dear friends:

Last night I attended the event organized by 350.org in Santa Rosa, where I commented that the temporary adoption of carbon-neutral hydrocarbons could be a viable solution to power our current fossil fuel-based systems (transportation, heating, cooking, etc.) while we quickly transition to renewable electric systems and other forms of non-GHG-emitting sources of energy.

 These carbon-neutral hydrocarbons can also be a form of energy storage for solar and wind energy.  Synthetic methane is the initial hydrocarbon produced, but this gas can be converted to liquid fuels, like gasoline, by further processing.  They are carbon-neutral because the carbon is extracted from air and water, so when the fuels are burnt they do not add new carbon into the environment.

I have attached a study that assessed the viability of "substitute natural gas" (synthetic methane made from air and water) in Argentina, that will give you a good background to the technology and its potential to help in the Restoration of the Climate.

By giving you this other "solution" to the Climate Change Crisis I am not proposing that focusing on "solutions" should be our main focus as Climate Activists.  Our main focus needs to be to convert as many territories as possible to Climate Change-Ready territories as fast as it is physically possible by converting our governments to Climate Change Action-Centered governments or "taking over our governments".  Fortunately, our human creativity has already created lots of viable "solutions" but if they are not implemented everywhere and as fast as it is physically possible, Climate Change will become irreversible and we will not be ready to minimize the impact of Climate Change-Related extreme events to come.

Love,

Jorge
Climate Change Major Disaster Declaration Campaign

argentina-substitute natural-gas-2012.pdf