It's Up To Us! Sonoma County Climate Activists Community Summit Sun Jan 10, 2 PM

SoCoCAN!

Nov 28, 2020, 8:30:57 AM11/28/20
to SoCoCAN!

Please share this announcement with your mailing lists and friends. Go here to help promote.

It's Up To Us!
Sonoma County Climate Activists Community Summit

Sunday, January 10, 2-5 PM

Interaction Zoom Event

Free; Donations Welcome

REGISTER HERE

We are excited to share important work on indigenous practices, connecting with the land, on reducing our dependence on fossil fuels, on educating the public about the dangers of forest-based biomass, the beauty and biodiversity of post-fire forests and promoting resilient communities living in fire-prone lands. We will discuss regenerative agriculture and regenerating soils, the Green New Deal, climate justice, racial and social justice, and regional climate policy.

Our speakers are Dr. Brenda Flyswithhawks (professor, Santa Rosa Junior College), Woody Hastings (Energy Program Manager, Climate Center), June Brashares (Steering Committee, Local Clean Energy Alliance) Christine Byrne (Sonoma Sunrise Movement; Sonoma Water) and Janina (Nina) Turner (2020 Sonoma County “Youth Inspiring Youth” Award winner), Elizabeth Kaiser (Singing Frogs Farm), Maya Khosla (2020 Sonoma County Co-Environmentalist of the Year; Sonoma County Poet Laureate Emerita), Cory O’Gorman (Ecologist and Traditional Ecological Knowledge systems practitioner), Teri Shore (Advocacy Director at Greenbelt Alliance), Fabiola Maya and Vincent Tavani (environmental educators), and Dave Warrender (Citizens’ Climate Lobby, Santa Rosa).

To register for the summit and receive the Zoom information go to http://www.SonomaCountyCAN.org.

To help promote the summit please refer to the Social Media and Invitation Toolkit at bit.ly/socialmediatoolkit_SoCoCAN.

Join the event on Facebook and Instagram.

Sonoma County Climate Activist Network (SoCoCAN!)

http://www.SonomaCountyCAN.org
SonomaC...@gmail.com
707-595-0320
(email contact preferred)

This mailing is going to several mailing lists with an attempt to avoid duplication. Please be patient if you receive more than one email. Some of the mailing lists we are using are protected by confidentiality agreements and have not been shared.
We will not be accepting unsubscribe requests in response to announcements for the January event. If you wish to unsubscribe you will have an opportunity to do that in the future.
Please help us promote this event. We hope that you will attend.
If you wish to join SoCoCAN! please join our listserv. Contact us at SonomaC...@gmail.com.