Today Wed 8/5 at 6:30: Ash Kalra speaks about Public Banking

Hoai-An Truong

Aug 5, 2020, 4:52:36 PM8/5/20
to Divest CA, OSC Earth Action, May 1st Coalition, Sonoma-NoDAPL
Pandemic relief and dealing with the climate crisis are competing for limited funds. This is yet another reason to support a state public bank next year! And Jane in particular - and anyone who supports divestment should be on board with public banking. It is one of the ONLY ways large institutions such as cities and county governments to divest. Local banks and credit unions aren't big enough to insure such big accounts. The City of Santa Rosa divested from Wells Fargo but ended up with JP Morgan Chase which is as bad - or possibly worse. IIRC, the City of Santa Fe announced they were divesting from Wells Fargo - and ended up going right back to it. To find out more about public banking, please check out this event today. And if you miss it, it will be recorded so you can watch it later! PLEASE check out public banking. Get your organization(s) to endorse by next year: http://ab310.org . Thank you.

From my Facebook page:

TODAY Wed 8/5 at 6:30! Ash Kalra and Jake Tonkel will discuss Public Banking!
I'm excited Jake will be interviewing Ash Kalra about public banking! Public banking could be one of the absolute best things we can do for pandemic RELIEF and RECOVERY. It can also help us deal with the climate crisis: to transition to climate solutions and things like re-training oil workers for renewable energy jobs, investing in AFFORDABLE HOUSING, public transit, and more.
We should definitely be on board 1000% for public banking next year. Listen in tonight to learn more! This topic is so hot! These infographics offer a good basic intro.
Tune in on Facebook Live today at 6:30pm:

Sent by carrier pigeon

***   350ppm   ***   350ppm   ***   350ppm   ***   350ppm   ***   350ppm   ***

ALL HANDS ON DECK!
Climate Action: Do it for everyone you LOVE!

Food as Climate Action: Changing how we eat, how we farm,
and reducing food waste are some of the FASTEST and easiest
ways to REVERSE climate change.

#WeCanSolveThis (playlist - fun & interesting videos!):
The diet that helps fight climate change
 and more

Support a State Public Bank to DEFUND the fossil fuel
industry, AND put our money back into our communities:
pandemic relief & recovery AND climate solutions

***   350ppm   ***   350ppm   ***   350ppm   ***   350ppm   ***   350ppm   ***