Fwd: THURSDAY 5/28: Comments due on Advanced Clean Truck Rule

Hoai-An Truong

May 28, 2020, 2:24:10 AM5/28/20
to ClimateActivists-SC, divestment-california, May 1st Coalition, OSC Earth Action, Turnout4Transit-SV, PBAT of SBPA
Urgent! Your help is needed now! Please take 2 minutes and submit a short comment in support of the Advanced Clean Truck Rule, which will help speed the transition of dirty, diesel trucks to clean, electric trucks. Heavy-duty trucks are the largest source of smog-forming NOx in California. Getting this rule passed is one of the most important environmental actions we can influence in 2020! Comments must be submitted by Thursday, May 28th!

Please write today and encourage your friends to also submit comments in support! Don't let trucking lobbyists water down this vital new proposal to clean up California's air and reduce our state's greenhouse gas emissions!

May 28, 2020, 10:00:56 AM5/28/20
to Hoai-An, ClimateActivists-SC, divestment-california, May 1st Coalition, OSC Earth Action, Turnout4Transit-SV, PBAT of SBPA
Hello,

I tried to submit a message of support using the online form (using two different web browsers) and both times got the following message:

The requested URL was rejected. Please consult with your administrator.

Your support ID is: 5679973826724856691
[Go Back]

Did anyone else encounter this problem? Is their another route for expressing support?

Guidance appreciated...
Alexa

--
www.OccupySonomaCounty.org

To select the daily digest or abridged version go to your membership settings.
---

Hoai-An Truong

May 28, 2020, 10:21:36 AM5/28/20
to Alexa Forrester, ClimateActivists-SC, divestment-california, May 1st Coalition, OSC Earth Action, Turnout4Transit-SV, PBAT of SBPA
Hi Alexa, please try again. Perhaps it was down for maintenance. I just tried this link and it worked.

Thanks!
--

Sent by carrier pigeon

***   350ppm   ***   350ppm   ***   350ppm   ***   350ppm   ***   350ppm   ***

ALL HANDS ON DECK!
Climate Action: Do it for everyone you LOVE!

Food as Climate Action: Changing how we eat, how we farm
(carbon farming!), and reducing food waste are some of the
FASTEST and easiest ways to REVERSE climate change​
​. ​

#WeCanSolveThis: Surprising Solutions to The Climate Crisis
from Project Drawdown
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fH10qkL-SK0

Support Divestment & Public Banking to defund the fossil fuel
industry, protect indigenous and other at-risk communities
AND put money back into our local economy!

http://publicbanksantarosa.org

***   350ppm   ***   350ppm   ***   350ppm   ***   350ppm   ***   350ppm   ***

Alexa Forrester

May 28, 2020, 10:25:27 AM5/28/20
to Hoai-An, ClimateActivists-SC, divestment-california, May 1st Coalition, OSC Earth Action, Turnout4Transit-SV, PBAT of SBPA
Worked for me this time!
Alexa

Hoai-An Truong

May 28, 2020, 6:14:53 PM5/28/20
to Martha Turner, Alexa Forrester, ClimateActivists-SC, divestment-california, May 1st Coalition, OSC Earth Action, Turnout4Transit-SV, PBAT of SBPA
Resending this just in case:

If the link is not working, you can also email Clerk of the Board; address is: co...@arb.ca.gov . Thank you!

On Thu, May 28, 2020 at 8:19 AM Martha Turner <mlturn...@earthlink.net> wrote:
Also can email Clerk of the Board; address is: co...@arb.ca.gov
- Martha

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Divestment California" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/divestment-california/CAA3wzz0FpNC64uRXAWquuOwJNp_nJwW_ut3PDFF4DUCPoSYcJw%40mail.gmail.com.

Laurie-Ann Barbour

May 28, 2020, 7:42:46 PM5/28/20
to Alexa Forrester, Hoai-An, ClimateActivists-SC, divestment-california, May 1st Coalition, OSC Earth Action, Turnout4Transit-SV, PBAT of SBPA
I got the same message as Alexa :- (

Laurie-Ann Barbour
Administrative Manager

Pasted Graphic 1.pdf

Hoai-An Truong

May 28, 2020, 8:03:08 PM5/28/20
to Alan Levine, ClimateActivists-SC, divestment-california, May 1st Coalition, OSC Earth Action, Turnout4Transit-SV, PBAT of SBPA
Agreed - more lead time and sample letter would have been great. The call to action came to me on Tuesday, but I didn't get around to forwarding it until yesterday. I will let the sender know.

Thanks for letting us know about CARB accepting comments on methane control in CAFOs.

On Thu, May 28, 2020 at 9:05 AM Alan Levine <ale...@mcn.org> wrote:
Comment Sent.

However, this is last minute. Better results can be obtained by allowing
lead time for action and a good sample letter for people to use.

And

If you look at the CARB site for issues - CARB is accepting comments on a
program for methane control on confined animal feed lots.  This is a good
one for Kamal (expert in this issue) to organize comments around. I am
sure industry has their own comments in the file.

http://www.projectgreenhome.org/articles.html

> --
> To reduce the volume of emails from this listserv you can switch your
> preferences to the Digest or Abridged mode.
> With the Digest version you get up to 25 messages combined into one email
> where you can click on the topics you want to read.
> The Abridged version sends shortened messages that you can expand.
> Digest version messages are plain text only and do not include
> attachments.
> If you are sending an attachment, consider including a link for the Digest
> messages. If you are sending a flyer consider including a text description
> as well.
> To access your membership preferences see the link below.
> To contact an admin write to sonomac...@gmail.com.

> ---
> "SoCoCAN!" group.

Hoai-An Truong

May 28, 2020, 8:05:41 PM5/28/20
to Laurie-Ann Barbour, Alexa Forrester, ClimateActivists-SC, divestment-california, May 1st Coalition, OSC Earth Action, Turnout4Transit-SV, PBAT of SBPA
If the link is not working, please email Clerk of the Board; address is: co...@arb.ca.gov . Thank you!

--
To reduce the volume of emails from this listserv you can switch your preferences to the Digest or Abridged mode.
With the Digest version you get up to 25 messages combined into one email where you can click on the topics you want to read.
The Abridged version sends shortened messages that you can expand.
Digest version messages are plain text only and do not include attachments.
If you are sending an attachment, consider including a link for the Digest messages. If you are sending a flyer consider including a text description as well.
To access your membership preferences see the link below.
To contact an admin write to sonomac...@gmail.com.
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "SoCoCAN!" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/climateactivists-sc/CACztUqAbDJuYcKDKtwZyMd35hb0sK4GnC-hkk76MahADE%2Bn-LQ%40mail.gmail.com.

Michael Bug Deakin

May 28, 2020, 8:07:41 PM5/28/20
to c-o...@350kitty.net, Alan Levine, ClimateActivists-SC, divestment-california, May 1st Coalition, OSC Earth Action, Turnout4Transit-SV, PBAT of SBPA
excuse me - even though i appreciate the cause, i did not ask to be on this email chain-please remove me
mb

Join our email list!
Heritage Salvage
1473 Petaluma Blvd So.
Petaluma, Ca 94952

(707) 762-6277

--
www.OccupySonomaCounty.org

To select the daily digest or abridged version go to your membership settings.
---

Ron Boyer

May 28, 2020, 9:09:49 PM5/28/20
to Michael Bug Deakin, c-o...@350kitty.net, Alan Levine, ClimateActivists-SC, divestment-california, May 1st Coalition, OSC Earth Action, Turnout4Transit-SV, PBAT of SBPA, Ron Boyer
I have to echo Michael--I have no idea how I got included in a private email thread like this.
Please remove me asap. I very much appreciate your work on climate change, but if I were
you I'd be embarrassed that you're having this private dialogue in front of strangers. I have
no idea who you are, or how you got my private email. Please delete me. Thanks.

Jun 25, 2020, 11:56:40 PM6/25/20
to Hoai-An
Woo hoo! Thank you to everyone who supported this!

Here is a copy of the original call to action. Thanks again, everyone!

Hoai-An Truong

Jun 26, 2020, 12:19:12 AM6/26/20
to Hoai-An
As one of the supporters notes:

Getting this rule passed is one of the most important CA environmental rules of 2020 as it has impact in so many areas:

1) Think PV, EVs, wind & micro-grids are great? The battery cost reductions will justify WAY more PV, EVs & micro-grids!

2) Hate coal and natural gas in power plants? The battery cost reductions will enable more renewables into our electric power supply via cheap storage

3) Like the Arctic National Wildlife Refuge & keeping oil wells out of there? Then this rule will significantly lower oil (diesel) use & bring on more electric vehicles via MUCH cheaper batteries

4) Want to repeat the California Telsa economic success story? This rule will catalyze a host of new technologies and businesses!