Fwd: Valentine for the Planet

1 view

park guthrie

Feb 15, 2018, 9:33:44 AM2/15/18
to osc_eart...@googlegroups.com

Last night's Santa Rosa City Schools board meeting. We just went for open comment period. Early indications are that a climate action resolution similar to SCOE will receive strong support from SRCS board. We expect it to be on the agenda in the next month. We'll keep you posted.

Yay, Celeste! Thanks also to Meredith, Caitlyn, Beth, and Melissa who also attended but did not speak due to a packed agenda.

Please reach far and wide to contacts across the country. Young people like Celeste and resolutions like the Sonoma COE Commitment to Climate Change Action Resolution can break the spiral of silence that enables a great country like ours to place such a burden on our own children. If we speak in a respectful, patriotic and non-partisan manner, we can rally the educational world to wake America up and break the climate action logjam in DC. Let this be Sonoma County's greatest export.

Cheers,
Park