Storage capabilities ?

mh.p...@gmail.com

Feb 23, 2018, 3:45:40 AM2/23/18
to Orthanc Users
Dear All,

I've got some questions related to the storage capabilities of Orthanc:
  • What is the maximal size supported ?
  • Could we manage about 10 TB of images ?
  • Which file system access protocol does Orthanc support ? SMB, NFS, iSCSI ?
  • Is Orthanc able to use network teaming to increase the available bandwidth to access the storage ?
Many thanks for your answers.
Best regards.

Marc-Henri Poget

IT Project Manager
CHUV - Centre Hospitalier Universitaire Vaudois
Lausanne, Switzerland

Alain Mazy

Feb 23, 2018, 12:02:33 PM2/23/18
to mh.p...@gmail.com, Orthanc Users
Hi,

I've got some questions related to the storage capabilities of Orthanc:
  • What is the maximal size supported ?
There's no known limitation.  Performance might be affected by your database/disk bandwidth (we recommend you to use a Postgresql DB for large DB)
  • Could we manage about 10 TB of images ?
Yes, we do have Orthanc runnings with 140.000 studies and 10 TB storage.  I've heard of systems with 15TB without issues.
  • Which file system access protocol does Orthanc support ? SMB, NFS, iSCSI ?
Orthanc is not "aware" of your file system.  It will only connect to network drives that have been mounted and that are seen as local disks.

  • Is Orthanc able to use network teaming to increase the available bandwidth to access the storage ?
Given the above remark, this will depend only on your OS/drivers, not on Orthanc.

Br,

Alain

--

Alain Mazy / CTO