Using Orthanc as the main PACS service in a hospital/institution

Rok Štefanič

Oct 18, 2019, 2:53:30 AM10/18/19
to Orthanc Users
Hi,

I would like to ask you if you have any information if any hospital or institution runs Orthanc as their main PACS - the only PACS server sw used and no other?

Thank you,
Rok Štefanič

Benoît Crickboom

Oct 18, 2019, 4:16:45 AM10/18/19
to Orthanc Users
Hi Rok,

Some customers of Osimis do use Orthanc as the main PACS (i.e: a cancer treatment institution in France has about 20 TB of data stored in Orthanc).

Regards,

Rok Štefanič

Oct 23, 2019, 1:14:05 PM10/23/19
to Orthanc Users
Benoît, thank you very much, this is exactly the information I was looking for.

Cheers,
Rok

Derek Merck

Nov 3, 2019, 4:09:15 PM11/3/19
to Orthanc Users
Is the Osimis orthanc FDA approved in the US?  At least here I can't get anyone to even consider it w/o FDA approval for diagnostic purposes.  I keep trying to convince my hospitals that it would be well worth pushing through the FDA clearance ourselves since it would save us XXX millions of dollars on PACS service contracts.  :(

Rok, if you are looking for scalability numbers, I had about 15TB of mostly CT studies in Orthanc at my previous institution with no particular problems.  (Other than not being able to use the old the web interface that tried to show you every patient in the database when you opened it up -- since fixed, thank you, Sebastien!). If anything it was faster and more stable than our real PACS, but that was probably b/c it wasn't accessed nearly as aggressively as the clinical system was.