filter works by source-name

瀏覽次數:50 次
跳到第一則未讀訊息

Marcelo Moises

未讀,
2018年11月12日 下午6:49:552018/11/12
收件者:ORCID API Users
Hello,

We've been using ORCID API to sync all of our author's publications upstream.

The process basically consists in:
1. downloading all of the author's pubs.
2. filter out those that hasn't been create by us (using source.source-name.value).
3. map our internal pubs uids (available as an external id, type other-id) with putCodes.
4. create, update, delete pubs based in a few rules.

I'm wondering if there is a way to filter out pubs that hasn't been created by us before fetching them from ORCID (item 2 above).

Something like GET /v2.1/{orcid}/works?q=source_name=xzy

In case there isn't, is there any plans to implement something like it?

Regards,
Marcelo

Simpson, Will

未讀,
2018年11月13日 清晨7:27:572018/11/13
收件者:marcelo...@gmail.com、orcid-a...@googlegroups.com
Hi Marcelo,

That sounds like a great integration!

There isn't a way to filter the pubs by source before fetching. We don't currently have any plans to implement that. Getting the works summary is normally a fast call and filtering them should be fast too, but let us know if you are seeing any performance issues.

One small change I would recommend is that you filter on source.source-client-id.path instead of source.source-name.value, because the name is more likely to change in the future than the client ID.

Best regards,

Will

Marcelo Moises

未讀,