Scott Chamberlain

未读,
2018年2月14日 17:16:472018/2/14
收件人 ORCID API Users
Hi,

Using v2.1 API now in rorcid client.

User reports (https://github.com/ropensci/rorcid/issues/44) that they want to be able to get the work citations - essentially from

curl -v -H 'Accept: application/orcid+json' http://pub.orcid.org/v1.2/0000-0001-7678-8656/orcid-profile | jq '."orcid-profile"."orcid-activities"."orcid-works"."orcid-work"[]."work-citation".citation'

"@article{Navarrete2017,title = {Editorial: The reasoning brain: The interplay between cognitive neuroscience and theories of reasoning},journal = {Frontiers in Human Neuroscience},year = {2017},volume = {10},author = {Goel, V. and Navarrete, G. and Noveck, I.A. and Prado, J.}}"
"@article{Navarrete2017,title = {Preference for Curvilinear Contour in Interior Architectural Spaces: Evidence From Experts and Nonexperts},journal = {Psychology of Aesthetics, Creativity, and the Arts},year = {2017},author = {Vartanian, O. and Navarrete, G. and Chatterjee, A. and Fich, L.B. and Leder, H. and Cristi{\\'a}n, M. and Rostrup, N. and Skov, M. and Corradi, G. and Nadal, M.}}"
"@article{Navarrete2017,title = {Social cognition and executive functions as key factors for effective pedagogy in higher education},journal = {Frontiers in Psychology},year = {2017},volume = {8},number = {NOV},author = {Correia, R. and Navarrete, G.}}"
"@article{Navarrete2016,title = {Personality and psychological distress: Application of a neural network model | Personalidad y Malestar Psicol{\\'o}gico: Aplicaci{\\'o}n de un Modelo de Redes Neuronales},journal = {Revista Iberoamericana de Diagnostico y Evaluacion Psicologica},year = {2016},volume = {1},number = {41},pages = {28-38},author = {Fumero, A. and Navarrete, G.}}"

etc ...

Any chance we can still get to that data in API v2.1? If so, how do we get it?

Thanks, Scott

Wilmers, Catalina

未读,
2018年2月14日 19:08:232018/2/14
收件人 Scott Chamberlain、ORCID API Users
Hi Scott,

Great to hear you're working on a 2.1 upgrade!

Work citations are still available in 2.1, however you need an extra call to get them. With the 2.0/2.1 API we're no longer returning all the information about all the works in a single call, we made this change to address hyper author records where there are thousands of works each with hundreds of authors in the citation/contributors and reading all that information at once creates files that are too large to work with. We do return a summary of all work information using the /works or /activities end-points, but to access the citation field you'll need to call specific works.

Your workflow would be to call the record for all works (curl -v -H 'Accept: application/orcid+json' https://pub.orcid.org/v2.1/0000-0001-7678-8656/works) and read the work-summary.put-code to get the put-codes for each work. Then call the works with put-codes to get the full work information (once you have the put-codes you can call up to 50 works at once, ie curl -v -H 'Accept: application/orcid+json' https://pub.orcid.org/v2.1/0000-0001-7678-8656/works/41661610,41661614,41661602,41661600). Then you can get the citations from work.citation.citation-value

We'd also encourage you to get a public API client and use a /read-public token when making these calls.

More documentation on the 2.1 API is at https://github.com/ORCID/ORCID-Source/tree/master/orcid-model/src/main/resources/record_2.1#rest-api-reference

Best,
-Catalina

Scott Chamberlain

未读,
2018年2月14日 19:23:082018/2/14
收件人 ORCID API Users
Hi Catalina,

Thanks very much for your help on this.

Is the 50 works per call documented anywhere? I don't see it in https://pub.orcid.org/v2.1/#!/Public_API_v2.1/viewSpecifiedWorksV21 but maybe its somewhere else.

I'll check on the /read-public scope. However, OAuth is not a very friendly auth mechanism for programmatic clients. It's fine for browsers, but that's not what I'm working on. I do encourage my users to use a Personal Access Token, but do provide OAuth as a backup.

Best, Scott
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to orcid-api-use...@googlegroups.com.

Wilmers, Catalina

未读,
2018年2月14日 19:44:512018/2/14
收件人 Scott Chamberlain、ORCID API Users
Hi Scott,

The 50 works limit when bulk reading is in a note following the calls section of the documentation (just before the examples).

For reading public information you don't need to use OAuth to get a token. We have a 2-step process where you can request a token directly, which may be what you are currently doing with the Personal Access Token you mentioned. If not, you can read more about how this process works at https://github.com/ORCID/ORCID-Source/tree/master/orcid-api-web#generate-a-two-step-read-public-access-token or as part of the workflow to read records at https://members.orcid.org/api/tutorial/read-orcid-records#readpub

Best,
-Catalina

回复全部
回复作者