Client not found error whenever I try to get an auth token

george.h...@gmail.com

Jun 23, 2018, 9:33:29 AM6/23/18
to ORCID API Users
So... I went through your bizzare auth ritual, got a code and then tried to get an auth token (**this seems over-engineered as fuck, I mean, a simple auth credentials header will do, it's not a stock broker or bankl it's just some administrative data).

In any case, I get the following error:

{'error': 'invalid_client', 'error_description': 'Client not found: APP-U882IK1MFODAH9RV'}

Which is rather disconcerting and unhelpful, since I do indeed have an app with the client_id "APP-U882IK1MFODAH9RV" (not sure how I can post a public link to it, but I've triple checked, it's there and the https://orcid.org/oauth/authorize call to get a code works just fine)

How does one go about debugging such a thing ?

Alainna Wrigley

Jun 23, 2018, 9:46:34 AM6/23/18
to ORCID API Users
Sorry to hear that you received an error. Could you share the call that you used to exchange the token?

It is likely that you're sending a call to the sandbox instead of production server -- clients from one environment won't work on the other.

To fix, change https://sandbox.orcid.org/oauth/token to https://orcid.org/oauth/token

Warm regards,
Alainna

Senior Community Manager, Asia-Pacific