API Version 2.0 Available on Production

Wilmers, Catalina

Feb 15, 2017, 12:44:14 PM2/15/17
to orcid-a...@googlegroups.com
We are excited to announce that the stable, 2.0 version of our API is now available on the production registry!

For those of you building a new integration, please make sure you are using 2.0. For anyone with a current integration you should start planning an upgrade to use version 2.0. The 1.2 version of the API as well as the 2.0 release candidates will be retired in the fourth quarter of 2017; everyone must be using version 2.0 by the end of 2017.

There are a number of documents to help with this transition including:

We realize that updating requires effort and resources on your part, but we are here to support you in this transition, and we are confident that the improvements you’ll see as a result of the upgrade are very worthwhile. ORCID members will be contacted by our Community Team with additional information and support for updating - or feel free to reach out to us at anytime about the update at sup...@orcid.org and we’re also happy to answer questions on this list.

Public API members that are only authenticating ORCID iDs may not need to make any changes, and those reading records will have minimal updates to get and read information in the 2.0 format. Please review the Who is affected guide. Public API members with questions about the update can post them to this list.

Last but not least you  may be interested in this blog post about API 2.0 by our Technical Director, Rob Peters!

Best,
-Catalina