Default API version changing to v2.0

Wilmers, Catalina

Dec 29, 2017, 2:57:44 PM12/29/17
to orcid-a...@googlegroups.com
From February 1st, 2018 the default version used for API calls will move from version 1.2 to 2.0

This change will only affect calls that do not specify the version. As we always encourage all clients to specify a version, we hope this change will not cause any problems. If your integration does not currently specify a version you can add ‘v1.2’ to your calls - but you will still need to complete the upgrade to version 2.0 or 2.1 ASAP.

From March 1st, 2018 version 1.2 will no longer be available on the Public API

By March 1st, all calls made to the Public API (using the pub.orcid.org domain) must use version 2.0 or 2.1; calls made using version 1.2 will return an error.

If you are still using version 1.2 you need to be planning your upgrade to version 2.0. Public API users who need assistance making this change can message this list for help; ORCID members who need help can also contact sup...@orcid.org.

Wilmers, Catalina

Jan 22, 2018, 12:10:39 PM1/22/18
to orcid-a...@googlegroups.com
Just a reminder to any API users who are not specifying a version in your calls, the default version will update to 2.0 on February 1st.

Anyone still using 1.2 needs to be updating to 2.0/2.1. Version 1.2 on the Public API will be turned off on March 1st.

Arnkell Logi Pétursson

Feb 5, 2018, 11:47:39 AM2/5/18
to ORCID API Users

Hi,

Thanks for a great API!

I see a difference between the old 1.2 and 2.1. In the new one no journal-title(s) come with the entries when I call for example this url:
but I do get it with the old one:

In the new one some paths that point to articles are also missing. I can provide an example if needed.

Is this supposed to be this way?

with regards, Logi

Wilmers, Catalina

Feb 5, 2018, 1:18:25 PM2/5/18
to Arnkell Logi Pétursson, ORCID API Users
Hi Logi,

With the 2.0/2.1 APIs only a summary of work information is returned when you're reading the entire list of works, this is to prevent issues with very large work lists; a few hyper authors have thousands of works on their records with hundreds of contribution listed for each work and returning the full work details for their records can cause issues because of the size. More about this change is at https://members.orcid.org/api/news/xsd-20-update#54  The specific issue of journal-titles was also addressed earlier on this list at https://groups.google.com/forum/#!searchin/orcid-api-users/journal-title%7Csort:date/orcid-api-users/rFUDL703pSI/r2J8yYblAQAJ

Best,
-Catalina