Verified email address now required to edit records in the UI

Wilmers, Catalina

Apr 20, 2017, 1:31:04 PM4/20/17
to orcid-a...@googlegroups.com
As many of you will have seen, we announced in late March that a verified email address will be required to access all the features on the user interface of ORCID records. Today that requirement goes into place.

This change does not affect calls made using the ORCID APIs. But we wanted to reach out as anyone testing manual editing features on the ORCID Sandbox may run into this requirement. As with the Production Registry a verified primary email address is required to access all the features of an account on Sandbox. However, Sandbox does not send messages to most email addresses, including the message with the link to verify an email address. For anyone who needs to test a record with a verified email address on Sandbox, you can use a mailinator.com email address which Sandbox does send to. If you need to have an email address verified with another domain, contact sup...@orcid.org with the email address(es) and a request they be verified on Sandbox.

If you have more questions about verifying email addresses check out our KnowledgeBase or let us know.

Best,
-Catalina