ORCID bundles different works entries as "sources"

ulli.s...@gmail.com

Jun 2, 2017, 8:23:49 AM6/2/17
to ORCID API Users
Hi,

this is technically speaking not an ORCID-api issue, even though it also affects the api:

In my ORCID database (  http://orcid.org/0000-0001-5936-339X), severals different entries are bundled as "sources" of just one publication.  They are however completely unrelated in every possible way (different DOI numbers ...).  Whenviewing my ORCID record through the ORCID web interface, or when downloading the works via the api, only the "active" source is shown/included.  As a consequence, the reference list obtained via the API lacks some of my publications.  There are 4 occurrences of this in my ORCID record, "hiding" overall 20 entries.

This is quite a recent bug, maybe a few weeks old.

I hope this can be fixed quite quickly ....

All the best,

Ulli