Re: [ORCID API] Digest for orcid-api-users@googlegroups.com - 6 updates in 4 topics

Rusdin Tahir

Jun 30, 2020, 10:38:30 AM6/30/20
to orcid-a...@googlegroups.com
Hi,  Best Friend

Can I get information about journals that are suitable for my field, namely organizational behavior and human capital? It is my pleasure if an optimized journal can be published in the near future, and not through a difficult procedure. Thank you for the attention and assistance of very valuable information, and I really hope.

Rusdin Tahir
Padjadjaran University, Indonesia
Greetings

On Tue, Jun 30, 2020 at 1:31 AM <orcid-a...@googlegroups.com> wrote:
Jason <jag...@gmail.com>: Jun 28 07:03PM -0700

Thanks for following up Pedro,

I can see why personal identifiers must come with a greater degree of
responsibility than inanimate ones for organisation, project, works, etc,
although it would be great if ORCID Inc were explicit that personal
external identifiers are being held to a higher bar.

NB: https://members.orcid.org/api/news/api-version-20rc2-released
<https://www.google.com/url?q=https%3A%2F%2Fmembers.orcid.org%2Fapi%2Fnews%2Fapi-version-20rc2-released&sa=D&sntz=1&usg=AFQjCNELzHTHurl0BJRGAgcZbcdbPNOeAg> does
not appear to state that url has become a requirement for personal external
identifiers, and instead suggests the opposite to the extent that
identifiers are reported as sharing the same schema, i.e., :

- All identifiers will now use the same schema element,
external-identifier, this affects how identifiers are recorded in the
works, funding and peer-review sections
- The new external-identifier elements include external-id-url where the
full URL the identifier links to can be recorded.

Is this really the reference you were intending? Was it actually announced?

Cheers,
Jason.

On Saturday, 27 June 2020 02:25:40 UTC+12, Pedro Costa wrote:
Will Simpson <w.si...@orcid.org>: Jun 29 07:21AM -0700

Hi Jason,

Pedro and I were able to pin down the change to 2.0_rc2 by looking through
the code. The release notes mention some changes to external identifiers,
but indeed not the URL requirement for person external identifiers.

If I recall correctly, at the time we worked individually with members
that were posting person external identifiers to make sure they were
already doing so, or were easily able to add them.

Do you have a use case where it is not possible to include the URL?

Best regards,

Will
On Monday, June 29, 2020 at 3:03:40 AM UTC+1 Jason wrote:

Pedro Costa <p.c...@orcid.org>: Jun 29 07:05AM -0700

Dear developers,

Due to security concerns around the long term validity of OpenID Connect ID
tokens issued by ORCID, we will be reducing their lifetime to 1 day in the
coming months. A new announcement will be posted when a date is set.

You can follow our progress in this Trello card:
https://trello.com/c/byfjid09
Robert C <rc2...@gmail.com>: Jun 29 04:18AM -0700

Hello,

I am relatively new all this API business, so I'm sorry if this is
something really stupid:

I am trying to query the OAUTH API to get a token with the ultimate goal of
using that token to read public information from ORCID profiles. I have
been using the tutorial from this page
<https://members.orcid.org/api/basic-tutorial-reading-data-orcid-record-30> and
using Postman to test the parameters, etc.

I think I have the right parameters put in, but I keep getting a 400 Bad
Request error claiming that I am passing a null value for the grant type
(see attached screen capture).

I would really appreciate it if someone could point me in the right
direction..

Thanks!

Rob
Robert C <rc2...@gmail.com>: Jun 29 06:20AM -0700

Nevermind. I figured out that my issue is twofold:

1. I should be using https://orcid.org/oauth/token instead of
https://pub.orcid.org/oauth/token

2. I should be using the "Body" tab instead of the "Params" tab in Postman

On Monday, June 29, 2020 at 7:18:27 AM UTC-4, Robert C wrote:
Pedro Costa <p.c...@orcid.org>: Jun 29 03:41AM -0700

Hi Gil,

Could you please provide more information about the issue you are
experiencing? Please let us know the action you're trying to do and, if
possible, send us a screenshot of the issue too.

Also, I would suggest trying again with a different browser. Let us know if
it still doesn't work.

Kind regards,
Pedro

Rusdin Tahir

Jun 30, 2020, 10:48:49 AM6/30/20
to orcid-a...@googlegroups.com
Hi, my best friend

Please inform me why ORCID ID (https://orcid.org/0000-0001-6758-0749) I am often rejected by the OJS Journal when I registered in the Journal, Please build a response.
thank you

Greetings
Rusdin Tahir
Padjadjaran University, Indonesia

Pedro Costa

Jul 1, 2020, 11:32:16 AM7/1/20
to ORCID API Users
Hi Rusdin,

Thanks for your post.

Please contact our support team here in order to get help with your ORCID iD.

Kind regards,
Pedro