Different numbers of ORCID iDs when using the ORCID API for the affiliation search with Ringgold id

Paul Vierkant

Mar 10, 2017, 7:45:45 AM3/10/17
to ORCID API Users
Hi,

when I used the ORCID API about one month ago to find ORCID iD holders at my institution using the search by Ringgold id functionality I got a number of 123.
------
<orcid-message xmlns="http://www.orcid.org/ns/orcid">
    <message-version>1.2</message-version>
    <orcid-search-results num-found="123">
        <orcid-search-result>
-------

For documentation I re-run the this request today and it only listed 35.

-------
<search:search num-found="35" xmlns:search="http://www.orcid.org/ns/search" xmlns:common="http://www.orcid.org/ns/common">
    <search:result>
-------

I assume this has to do with the new 2.0 API or maybe this is a Ringgold issue? Did anyone of you encounter the same problem?

Cheers,

Paul

Peters, Robert

Mar 10, 2017, 1:17:28 PM3/10/17
to Paul Vierkant, ORCID API Users, Demeranville, Tom, Will Simpson
Hi Paul,
I did a quick audit and as of right now the number of unique records should be 56. We're looking into why our search index is returning 37 and not 56. The incorrect result is returned regardless of API version.

We'll follow up when we understand what is going on.

Cheers,
Rob

Robert Peters
Technology Director at ORCID.org

Cellphone: +1.805.440.9056
Skype: rcpeters

Demeranville, Tom

Mar 14, 2017, 8:23:29 AM3/14/17
to ORCID API Users
Hi Paul,

We've investigated the issue and it looks like some records did not get re-indexed when we added the new affiliation indexes to SOLR.

We are now scheduling a re-index so that these will be available via search and will let you know when the process is complete.

The good news is that these changes make affiliation search more accurate and avoid false positives. For reference, there are currently 115 records with a publicly available Potsdam Ringgold ID within the registry.

Best,

Tom.