Simultaneously connections

LP

Jun 9, 2016, 5:08:33 AM6/9/16
to ORCID API Users
Hi,

What is the limit for simultaneously connections? For example, how many threads is advise to get a list of 300 works simultaneously, despite the number of cores that I have?

Thanks,

   - LP

Peters, Robert

Jun 9, 2016, 1:50:50 PM6/9/16
to LP, ORCID API Users
Hi LP,
Definitions:
  • Request a second - Number of request that can be made a second.
  • Burst - Number of request we will allow to be queued before rejecting. The request in the queue are slowed down at the request a second rate.
v1.2
  • Request a second - 8
  • Burst - 40
2.0_rc+
  • Request a second - 24
  • Burst - 40
I would not multithread adding works per a researcher. Instead I would set the expectation that adding 300 works is an asynchronous process and can take a few minutes to complete. A messing such as "We are pushing your activities to your ORCID record, for researchers with large records this can take up to 10 minutes to synchronize"

The development team does have plans to have a batch post for activities (something like 50 at a time), however do to bandwidth issues we have not gotten to implementation yet.

Cheers,
Rob

Robert Peters
Technical Operations Director at ORCID.org

Cellphone: +1.805.440.9056
Skype: rcpeters
Timezone: PST