ORCID API version 2.0 available on sandbox

Peters, Robert

Jan 24, 2017, 2:28:11 PM1/24/17
to orcid-a...@googlegroups.com

We are excited to announce that the stable version of our 2.0 API is now available on sandbox for testing. With this release we plan to make no further changes to the 2.0 API. All ORCID API users should start testing the 2.0 API and planning their migration as we will be sunsetting the older 1.2 version of our API in late 2017.

XSD and technical documentation for the 2.0 API are at https://github.com/ORCID/ORCID-Source/tree/master/orcid-model/src/main/resources/record_2.0

Updates from 2.0_rc3 to 2.0 primarily are changes to return more consistently formatted information and better errors. In addition the following updates have been made:

  • Addition of search endpoint “/v2.0/search?q=”

  • Change external-id-type “PEER-REVIEW” to “peer-review”

  • Addition of "peer-review service" as a group type for peer-reviews

  • Peer-review groups lookup by name

  • New scope /email/read-private to request user permission to read private email addresses (This feature is currently being beta-tested, additional announcements and instructions on using this feature will be available when the testing period is done.)

We will be contacting all ORCID members in the coming months with more information. ,Full documentation will be available on our website once 2.0 is available in production, and we will also be offering regular webinars about 2.0. For anyone testing with this initial release of 2.0 on Sandbox, please don’t hesitate to contact us on the API list or directly at c.wi...@orcid.org and r.peters@orcid.org with any questions or concerns.

Best,

-Rob

Robert Peters
Technology Director at ORCID.org

Cellphone: +1.805.440.9056
Skype: rcpeters

Paulo Graça

Feb 10, 2017, 5:29:40 AM2/10/17
to ORCID API Users
Thank you for your work!
We are starting using v2.0 with sandbox. We noticed that on your orcid-model all package names now include the "_v2" suffix.

package org.orcid.jaxb.model.record_v2;

 Is this solution temporary? Or when you release the v3.0,  the suffix will be changed to something "_v3" for those classes?

Wilmers, Catalina

Feb 14, 2017, 12:04:24 PM2/14/17
to Paulo Graça, ORCID API Users
Hi Paulo,

You are correct that we added a new orcid-model with with _v2 suffix for version 2.0 and we will continue to copy the model with an updated suffix for each new version.

Best,
-Catalina