Problem with getting the access token

Torsten Bronger

Jun 6, 2016, 7:07:30 AM6/6/16
to orcid-a...@googlegroups.com
Hallöchen!

In most cases, getting the access token after the login into ORCID
works for our OAuth2 implementation. However sometimes, the POST
request to https://api.orcid.org/oauth/token fails. I personally
cannot reproduce it but I see the error in the log files.

I wonder whether this could be a race and we try to fetch the token
too early after the login/registration process. Is it sensible to
re-try to fetch the token for a couple of times, with a wait time
inbetween?

If not, I will investigate further on our side.

Regards,
Torsten Bronger.

--
Torsten Bronger Jabber ID: torsten...@jabber.rwth-aachen.de

Peters, Robert

Jun 6, 2016, 11:35:00 AM6/6/16
to Torsten Bronger, orcid-a...@googlegroups.com
We wouldn't expect that behavior. What error message are you getting? And are you sure there isn't a race or (browser refresh issue on the client side).

You can email us (c.o...@orcid.org, r.pe...@orcid.org, and w.si...@orcid.org) directly with some examples and we can verify what we see from our side.

Cheers,
Rob

Robert Peters
Technical Operations Director at ORCID.org

Cellphone: +1.805.440.9056
Skype: rcpeters
Timezone: PST

Torsten Bronger

Jun 6, 2016, 12:19:19 PM6/6/16
to Peters, Robert, orcid-a...@googlegroups.com
Hallöchen!

Peters, Robert writes:

> We wouldn't expect that behavior. What error message are you
> getting? And are you sure there isn't a race or (browser refresh
> issue on the client side).

I enhanced logging and wait for it to happen again.