Setting up webhooks

Sheila Rabun

Aug 5, 2020, 4:38:47 PM8/5/20
to ORCID API Users
Hi all,

I am helping someone set up webhooks in the sandbox. They setup a public update endpoint and then registered a webhook for a sandbox ORCID iD. They got the expected response when registering the webhook. About 15 minutes later they went into the sandbox orcid record and added a distinction. Then waited about an hour but still have not received a POST at the endpoint that was registered.

So, it seems like something is going wrong? If someone has registered a webhook correctly, is there any reason why they would not get the notification when they know a change was made? Any help in troubleshooting this is much appreciated.

Thanks,
Sheila

Montenegro, Angel

Aug 5, 2020, 5:03:38 PM8/5/20
to Sheila Rabun, ORCID API Users
Hi Sheila,

Could you please give me the client id used to register the webhook? what you said is right, they might have received the webhook a few minutes after the record was modified.