Re: [ORCID API] Runtime Error When Record XML is returned.

Message has been deleted

Peters, Robert

Mar 12, 2018, 10:21:19 AM3/12/18
to Tim Lui, ORCID API Users
Hi Tim,
Not sure we can help. "uk.ac.ebi.hr.orcid.jaxb.beans.impl.JAXBContextFactory" isn't our class. In our codebase we do reference javax.xml.bind.JAXBContext but don't use JAXBContextFactory. Not sure that would be of any help.

-Rob

Robert Peters
Technology Director at ORCID.org

Cellphone: +1.805.440.9056
Skype: rcpeters
Timezone: PST
Key for OpenPGP email communication:
https://keys.mailvelope.com/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0x1519F37D99E18378

On Mon, Mar 12, 2018 at 7:06 AM, Tim Lui <timot...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi All,

I'm in the midst of upgrading to the v2.0 message schema and was wondering
if anyone has seen the following when reading the ORCID Record XML. I'm
using spring-social as the library. There is no reference to the following
class:

Caused by: javax.xml.bind.JAXBException
- with linked exception:
[java.lang.ClassNotFoundException:
uk.ac.ebi.hr.orcid.jaxb.beans.impl.JAXBContextFactory]
at javax.xml.bind.ContextFinder.newInstance(ContextFinder.java:187)
at javax.xml.bind.ContextFinder.find(ContextFinder.java:331)
at javax.xml.bind.JAXBContext.newInstance(JAXBContext.java:574)
at javax.xml.bind.JAXBContext.newInstance(JAXBContext.java:522)
at
org.springframework.http.converter.xml.AbstractJaxb2HttpMessageConverter.getJaxbContext(AbstractJaxb2HttpMessageConverter.java:111)
... 88 more
uk.ac.ebi.hr.orcid.jaxb.beans.impl.JAXBContextFactory
at
org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoader.loadClass(WebappClassLoader.java:1680)
at
org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoader.loadClass(WebappClassLoader.java:1526)
at javax.xml.bind.ContextFinder.safeLoadClass(ContextFinder.java:481)
at javax.xml.bind.ContextFinder.newInstance(ContextFinder.java:185)

Any help would be greatly appreciated -

Thanks,

Tim

Tim Lui

Mar 12, 2018, 5:09:03 PM3/12/18
to ORCID API Users
The solution in this specific case was to update some of the Spring Social libraries I was using as 'javax.xml.bind.context.factory' needs to be explicitly declared within my library, as pointed out in this article:

Thanks.