Oauth token exp value

Guillaume Dubé

Mar 7, 2019, 9:17:34 AM3/7/19
to ORCID API Users
Hi,

We're currently using the public api for authenticating users with an ORCID. We're doing it using Redhat SSO (Keycloak) and we've hit a problem with the exp of a token set to 20 years. Our deployment can't support an exp going after 2038 since it's bigger than what UNIX epoch time can support (int32). Is there a way to have a token with an exp that is smaller than that ? Do you know a workaround concerning this situation ? As far as I know, the Keycloak community knows this problem (large exp) but it is not a priority since a token with a 20 years expiration doesnt seems common on their side.

Thanks for your support,

Guillaume Dubé
Université Laval

Alainna Wrigley

Mar 7, 2019, 10:12:52 AM3/7/19
to Guillaume Dubé, ORCID API Users
Hello Guillaume,

Could you use the refresh token process to create a token with the same scopes and a shorter expiration time? See http://members.orcid.org/api/oauth/refresh-tokens

Best,
Alainna

Guillaume Dubé

Mar 7, 2019, 11:52:19 AM3/7/19
to ORCID API Users
Hi Alainna,

I'm not sure this could work. Since I can't get the original token because RH SSO tell us that the token is invalid. I'm not sure refreshing the token could work. I've tried to push the expires_in value but it doesn't seems to works.

Thanks,

Guillaume