ORCID Integration with OJS

Gil Soriano

May 17, 2020, 8:44:29 AM5/17/20
to ORCID API Users
Good day! I am trying to set up ORCID in our OJS. I already have the client id and client secret using my personal ORCID account. However, upon entering the credentials in the OJS, it just keeps on loading for hours. Are there any errors I committed during the process? Please help me. Thank you.

Suely de Brito Clemente Soares

May 17, 2020, 11:36:56 PM5/17/20
to ORCID API Users
Gil please take a look at this:
Soares, Suely de Brito Clemente; Heredia, Ana (2019): ORCID e OJS: Como aproveitar ao máximo essa integração em sua revista. figshare. Presentation. https://doi.org/10.6084/m9.figshare.10155836.v1
suel...@contentmind.com.br - skype: suelybcs

who-Im-I

May 17, 2020, 11:47:48 PM5/17/20
to Suely de Brito Clemente Soares, ORCID API Users

Nice very

Pedro Costa

May 19, 2020, 3:38:26 AM5/19/20
to ORCID API Users
Hello Gil,

Thanks for posting your question. A member of our team will be in touch by email about your ORCID integration.

Kind regards,
Pedro

Gil Soriano

May 19, 2020, 11:21:00 AM5/19/20
to ORCID API Users
Thank you so much. I do not know if I committed any error in the process or if ORCID have issues.

Suely de Brito Clemente Soares

May 19, 2020, 5:47:58 PM5/19/20
to Pedro Costa, ORCID API Users
ola pedro costa
é de interesse de todos que a resposta seja dada por aqui... acredito que todo o grupo tenha interesse nesta resposta... grata!

e-mail digitado propositalmente sem maiusculas ou acentuacao

Suely de Brito Clemente Soares
Cibertecária, Profa./EaD, Palestrante, Consultora OJS3+
Mestre em Educação, Ciência e Tecnologia pela FE-UNICAMP
WhatsApp: (19) 99767-1039  -  Fone: (19)
3301-3883
Skype: suelybcs - https://www.contentmind.com.br
ORCID iD iconhttps://orcid.org/0000-0003-2327-0962

Pedro Costa

May 20, 2020, 9:13:35 AM5/20/20
to ORCID API Users
Hello Gil,

I see you have been in contact with us by email previously and were pointed to this group. Apologies for the confusion.

You're using this (decoded) authentication URL in your journal:

This URL is incorrect so when users click on the "Create or Connect your ORCID iD" button at https://journalofhealthandcaringsciences.org/index.php/jhcs/user/register, they will see an error message "Please check your client id, scopes and redirect URIs."

There are several aspects that need to be corrected for the URL to work:

- it needs to point to the ORCID Production site as opposed to Sandbox
- it needs to include your client_id
- and the redirect_uri needs to match what's registered on your ORCID account.

So the (decoded) URL would look like this:

You may want to double-check the redirect_uri registered on your ORCID account is correct.

I hope this helps. Be sure to reply to this thread if you require further assistance!

Kind regards,
Pedro Costa

Gil Soriano

Jun 28, 2020, 11:00:15 AM6/28/20
to ORCID API Users
May I ask how can I fix the problem for the ORCID integration? I am having a problem with saving my credentials. It just keeps on loading.

Pedro Costa

Jun 29, 2020, 6:41:06 AM6/29/20
to ORCID API Users
Hi Gil,

Could you please provide more information about the issue you are experiencing? Please let us know the action you're trying to do and, if possible, send us a screenshot of the issue too.

Also, I would suggest trying again with a different browser. Let us know if it still doesn't work.

Kind regards,
Pedro