java.io.OptionalDataException with /orcid-works 1.2 API call.

Andrew Gilmartin

Mar 17, 2017, 9:53:52 AM3/17/17
to ORCID API Users
I am unable to get consistent results using the call

Sometimes I get the expected data and sometimes I get the error message

<orcid-message xmlns="http://www.orcid.org/ns/orcid">
    <message-version>1.2</message-version>
    <error-desc>java.io.OptionalDataException</error-desc>
</orcid-message>

Do you have any insight that might be happening?

-- Andrew

Peters, Robert

Mar 17, 2017, 10:37:28 AM3/17/17
to Andrew Gilmartin, ORCID API Users
Hi Andrew,
This is the second report we've received. Right now it looks like an issue with on of our caches. However the issue to hard to locally recreate. Regardless we hope to have a fix in today.

Cheers,
Rob

Robert Peters
Technology Director at ORCID.org

Cellphone: +1.805.440.9056
Skype: rcpeters
Timezone: PST
Key for OpenPGP email communication:
https://keys.mailvelope.com/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0x1519F37D99E18378

Peters, Robert

Mar 17, 2017, 10:48:21 AM3/17/17
to Andrew Gilmartin, ORCID API Users
Also of note. We haven't seen the issue since 2017-03-16 22:17:22,638. If you see it again please let us know and we'll take the affected server out of rotation.

Thanks,