External-Id-Relationship

Chris Chapman

Sep 19, 2018, 11:42:54 PM9/19/18
to ORCID API Users
I found an old announcement in this group that external-id-relationship was now mandatory since the 2.0 specification.
But when I look at the 2.1 and 3.0_rc schema, it is still listed as optional.

<xs:element name="external-id-relationship" minOccurs="0" maxOccurs="1" type="common:relationship-type" />

<xs:element name="external-id-relationship" minOccurs="0" maxOccurs="1" type="common:relationship-type" />

Should I be using a different source for the schema than what is in GitHub?

Peters, Robert

Sep 20, 2018, 10:25:51 AM9/20/18
to lazie...@gmail.com, ORCID API Users
Hi Chris,
You're on the correct schema. There are record items created before we started enforcing external identifiers. Therefore the schema has them marked optional since you may be able to read ones without an identifier (We are working with members to back-fill this). However for 2.+ the application will return an error if you try to add a works, funding and peer-review without one.

Robert Peters
Technology Director at ORCID.org

Cellphone: +1.805.440.9056
Skype: rcpeters