Call for beta testers- OpenID Connect

Wilmers, Catalina

Jul 18, 2017, 2:36:14 PM7/18/17
to orcid-a...@googlegroups.com
ORCID is adding support for OpenID and we want your help testing it!

OpenID Connect is a simple identity layer on top of the OAuth 2.0 protocol.  It supplements existing OAuth authentication flows and provides information about users to clients in a well-described manner. With this update ORCID will provide the Basic OpenID Provider conformance profile: a new openid scope will be available for our beta testers, which can be used as part of the existing authentication flow and will result in an OpenID token being returned with the access token. We encourage all interested parties to join the beta test to provide us with feedback.  More information about the ORCID OpenID workflow.

OpenID support is available for both member and public API clients. If you’re interested in helping us test this feature, please contact sup...@orcid.org or reply to this message with your client ID and we’ll get you set up.

Thanks,
-Catalina