2.0_rc3 released

Wilmers, Catalina

Nov 18, 2016, 1:12:19 PM11/18/16
to orcid-a...@googlegroups.com
API version 2.0_rc3 is now available for testing on production and sandbox (it was previously available on sandbox, but a few changes have been made since then).  With rc3, members are able to bulk post up to 100 works with one call. We request that all members interested in bulk loading works test on the sandbox first to ensure any issues with load on the API are discovered there, rather than on production.

XSDs and documentation at:
https://github.com/ORCID/ORCID-Source/tree/master/orcid-model/src/main/resources/record_2.0_rc3

Updates in rc3

v2.0_rc3 is considered a stable release candidate. No major revisions are planned for rc3, although minor adjustments and improvements may still be needed. Only organizations who can and are willing to deal with short release cycles (~2 week) should implement release candidates. In return, implementers of release candidates get an opportunity to provide feedback and suggestions before the final version of an API is released.

We are planning to have a stable version of the 2.0 release in January 2017, after which we will begin deprecating v1.2. We encourage all integrators to test the 2.0 release candidates now and begin preparing for the coming upgrade.

And as always we welcome your feedback and bug reports at sup...@orcid.org.