create multiple orcid on account

Tuan Trieu

May 19, 2016, 4:47:38 AM5/19/16
to ORCID API Users
hi all!

can i create multiple orcid on a account ? and how to create?

Tuân.

Wilmers, Catalina

May 19, 2016, 1:18:53 PM5/19/16
to Tuan Trieu, ORCID API Users
Hi,

I'm not sure what you're asking. Each researcher should have one ORCID iD. An ORCID iD can have multiple email addresses added to it, but any given email address can only be listed on one ORCID iD. For researchers who inadvertently end up with multiple ORCID iDs we can deprecate one account so it just becomes a pointer to their primary ORCID record (see http://support.orcid.org/knowledgebase/articles/580410-what-if-i-have-two-orcid-ids for more information on that process).

Best,
-Catalina

Message has been deleted

Tuan Trieu

May 23, 2016, 6:50:29 AM5/23/16
to ORCID API Users, trieumi...@gmail.com
Hi Catalina,

Sorry to make you confused. Let me explain more detail:
My organization has registerd one ORCID account.
However, researchers of my organization also has their own ORCID accounts.
Now I want to create an application that use organization account but can update for researcher accounts.
Is there any way to do that?

Wilmers, Catalina

May 23, 2016, 12:46:39 PM5/23/16
to Tuan Trieu, ORCID API Users
Hi,

Thanks for clarifying. The member API allows you to update researcher's ORCID records (with their permission). There are workflows and example tutorials for how to make this work at member.orcid.org, but I'd suggest you start by joining one of our technical introduction webinars. The webinar will provide an overview of the API workflow to update records as well as information about the technology behind it, it will also give you a change to ask questions or have a conversation with our support team about how the API can work for you. You can register for a webinar at http://members.orcid.org/event-list

Also, as a reminder, organizations should not have ORCID iDs. ORCID records are only for individual researchers, organizations should use the API to interact with the ORCID Registry. If you created an ORCID iD for an organization, please update it so it is for an individual (such as yourself).

Best,
-Catalina