Unsupported Grant Type Error

Robert C

Jun 29, 2020, 7:18:27 AM6/29/20
to ORCID API Users
Hello,

I am relatively new all this API business, so I'm sorry if this is something really stupid:

I am trying to query the OAUTH API to get a token with the ultimate goal of using that token to read public information from ORCID profiles. I have been using the tutorial from this page and using Postman to test the parameters, etc.

I think I have the right parameters put in, but I keep getting a 400 Bad Request error claiming that I am passing a null value for the grant type (see attached screen capture).

I would really appreciate it if someone could point me in the right direction..

Thanks!

Rob
Capture.JPG

Robert C

Jun 29, 2020, 9:20:13 AM6/29/20
to ORCID API Users
Nevermind. I figured out that my issue is twofold:

2. I should be using the "Body" tab instead of the "Params" tab in Postman