HTTP POST/PUT on a work results in HTTP 400

Torsten Bronger

Sep 8, 2016, 8:48:27 AM9/8/16
to orcid-a...@googlegroups.com
Hallöchen!

As I said in my pervious mail: Since 31st August (maybe slightly
earlier) our code for updating works results in an HTTP 400 (Bad
Request). Here, I' like to have feedback how to tackle this error
per se (instead of trying to upgrade to rc2).

I send a POST request to
https://api.orcid.org/v2.0_rc2/0000-0002-5174-6684/work with
{"type": "OTHER"} as the payload, and get a 400. The same for the
rc1 endpoint. The bearer token is not th cause (would end up in
another error number). It used to work in August AFAICS. I really
don't want to exclude any problem on my side, though. How should I
proceed?

Regards,
Torsten Bronger.

--
Torsten Bronger Jabber ID: torsten...@jabber.rwth-aachen.de

Wilmers, Catalina

Sep 8, 2016, 7:32:06 PM9/8/16
to Torsten Bronger, orcid-a...@googlegroups.com
Hi Torsten,

Can you send us the full work you're posting? I just double checked, and I am able to post works with the type set to other, but maybe there's something else about the metadata causing an error. Also, the API response should include an error message which may provide more help about what the issue is, if you're able to capture that, send the text and I'll see if I can figure it out.

Best,
-Catalina

Torsten Bronger

Sep 9, 2016, 2:04:40 AM9/9/16
to Wilmers, Catalina, orcid-a...@googlegroups.com
Hallöchen!

Wilmers, Catalina writes:

> [...] Also, the API response should include an error message which
> may provide more help about what the issue is, if you're able to
> capture that, send the text and I'll see if I can figure it out.

Oh indeed, this was helpful. I erroneously thought I get the full
reponse in the error message. I think I can debug it now myself.

Thank you!

Tschö,
Torsten.