Fitness related question..

Craig

Feb 24, 2012, 6:09:53 PM2/24/12
to Optibike Owners Group
Hello Optibikers.

Today, as I was posting this story: http://blog2.optibike.com/2012/02/24/you-lost-how-much-wow/

I was not only completely inspired, but also curious about your change
in fitness levels pre and post Optibike ownership?

We are all really proud of the work Bob and the rest of the "class of
2011" did in the 2011 Weight Loss Challenge....can you tell?

:) Craig Taber

remf

Feb 24, 2012, 8:03:22 PM2/24/12
to Optibike;Owners Group
My fitness level increased dramatically after I got my first Opti - due to the many thousands of extra miles I rode every year. It's an enduring dividend, lower blood pressure, very noticable cardio-vascular endurance improvements & the ultimate natural mood enhancer. Congratulations to the class of 2011 !!!

Randi Sparkler

Feb 25, 2012, 7:37:25 AM2/25/12
to Optibike Owners Group
Likewise, my fitness level rose dramatically. Especially
cardiovascular. And I want to empasis it has also been really good for
my control of the black dog,

I had thought, when buying the bike, that most of my riding would be
relatively sedate commuting to avoid the need for end of journey
showers and getting between appointments in a presentable state.
Riding the bike was so much fun and motivating I found myself doing
lots of extra rides - a couple of hundred a week - frequently as a
car substitute.

My fitness rose to a point where I was motivated to drag out the old
road bike.
Now, 26 months after buying the Opti I am clocking over 300km a week
and I expect that to rise in the future. While most miles are on the
road bike, the Opti remains an essential commuting vehicle, car
alternative and FITNESS TOOL. Except when dressed up in work clothes,
I find myself pushing to get the best out of the bike. (did I say the
Opti is fun?)

On Feb 25, 9:03 am, remf <optibi...@gmail.com> wrote:
> My fitness level increased dramatically after I got my first Opti - due to the many thousands of extra miles I rode every year. It's an enduring dividend, lower blood pressure, very noticable cardio-vascular endurance improvements & the ultimate natural mood enhancer. Congratulations to the class of 2011 !!!

cakey

Feb 27, 2012, 8:27:47 AM2/27/12
to Optibike Owners Group
While we are on mileage . My 2008 Optibike has just passed 50,000
miles 50329 to be precise .
Its been a fantastic journey, lots of tyres , chains, and a few MBB`s
2 of . ( water ingress) Opti did not realise the UK is the 3rd wettest
place on Earth , well it feels like it.
1 controller board which was lets say not a Cake problem , 2
batteries, 1 of which was also not cake related . 2 relay boards .
Must confess my Gold mbb now sounds pretty ropey , but it still spins
and has not lost much speed .
Weight wise it still holds its own and with my maxxi minions it carves
like a God on ambrosia ( had to get a cake ref in )
I will one day give a full list of all the bits , but has it been
worth it , you bet it has.

I think Opti have learned a great deal over the 4 years and lets hope
they continue to inspire the future.

Off topic i know . and yes i am fitter by the way .

Fueled by cake , chocolate , and biscuits and a blood sugar of 4 and
cholesterol of 4.2 .
> > > :) Craig Taber- Hide quoted text -

Paul_G

Feb 27, 2012, 9:22:21 AM2/27/12
to optibike-o...@googlegroups.com
50,000....WOW congrats

Is there anyone with more?

Optibike should reward the 1st person to hit 100K miles with a new 1100R.

Or post the mileage leader on the Opti web site with a pic of bike and rider if the Free bike is out...lol

Paul G

Randi Sparkler

Feb 27, 2012, 7:42:37 PM2/27/12
to Optibike Owners Group
"50,000....WOW congrats"
+1

remf

Feb 28, 2012, 7:34:07 AM2/28/12
to Optibike Owners Group
50,000 is massive...no wonder the parts list. I am in the 1?,000 club on 2 Opti's. My parts list: a charger replaced under warranty.

Craig

Feb 28, 2012, 4:40:33 PM2/28/12
to Optibike Owners Group
50000 miles!

That is definitely the most I have heard of so far. Awesome.
Inspiring.

Yay!

Craig Taber
Optibike