Operator SDK v0.1.0

hta...@redhat.com

Oct 31, 2018, 6:11:37 PM10/31/18
to Operator Framework
The Operator SDK v0.1.0 has been released.

This release has significant breaking changes from v0.0.7 as it now use the controller-runtime library. Please see the migration guide on how to update your project to use the new APIs and project layout.

See the operator-sdk-samples repo for an example of an operator using v0.1.0

For any problems with the migration guide please file an issue on the Operator SDK Github repo.

Juraci Paixão Kröhling

Nov 14, 2018, 9:56:25 AM11/14/18
to operator-...@googlegroups.com
How stable should we expect 0.1.x to be? Should we expect to have a
similar breaking change from 0.1.x to, say, 0.2.0 or 1.0.0?

Migrating from 0.0.7 to 0.1.0 will take some time for the Jaeger
Operator and I'm wondering if I should just wait until there's a stable
API available.

Best,
Juraci.
> --
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/operator-framework/4774f5ac-3ff6-4efd-8d8c-67b7933f68ad%40googlegroups.com
> <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/operator-framework/4774f5ac-3ff6-4efd-8d8c-67b7933f68ad%40googlegroups.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>.

Juraci Paixão Kröhling

Nov 16, 2018, 4:41:58 AM11/16/18
On 11/14/18 3:56 PM, Juraci Paixão Kröhling wrote:
> How stable should we expect 0.1.x to be? Should we expect to have a
> similar breaking change from 0.1.x to, say, 0.2.0 or 1.0.0?
>
> Migrating from 0.0.7 to 0.1.0 will take some time for the Jaeger
> Operator and I'm wondering if I should just wait until there's a stable
> API available.

I just realized I missed this update to the README file:

> Note: The core APIs provided by the controller-runtime will most
likely stay unchanged however the expectation is that any breaking
changes should be relatively minor and easier to handle than the changes
from SDK v0.0.7 to v0.1.0.

This answers my question :)

- Juca.