Containers

eg...@innovationgarage.no

Mar 7, 2018, 7:03:36 AM3/7/18
to OpenWISP
Talked about my project on the irc channel and got asked to advertise it here too:

I've developed a program that creates docker containers as per configuration from openwisp (django-netjsonconfig). Each container is set up to run openwrt and openwisp, and to connect to the same openwisp server.

I hope to in the future develop this to use some cluster manager as a back-end, instead of just a local docker. Possibly kubernetes (docker swarm does not support running OpenVPN inside the containers, due to lacking cap NET_ADMIN, which happens to be my main use-case)...

Hope this is interesting to someone,

Egil

Federico Capoano

Mar 7, 2018, 7:07:24 AM3/7/18
to OpenWISP
Thanks a lot for sharing this information Egil.

In the future, if you need to ask questions and you don't find an answer in the main chat you can always post it here and I'll respond when I can.

Federico