New OpenWISP 2020 Q1 releases

Federico Capoano

Mar 2, 2020, 7:35:43 PM3/2/20
to OpenWISP
A new major release of OpenWISP is out!

OpenWISP is now python 3 only and requires python 3.6 minimum.

I have released a new version of the ansible role that installs and upgrades OpenWISP, see the changelog here: https://github.com/openwisp/ansible-openwisp2/releases
As usual, please backup your system before upgrading. Instructions for upgrading are available at the following URL: https://github.com/openwisp/ansible-openwisp2#upgrading-openwisp2.

Two more modules are ready for their first release but I have postponed the release because of some structural changes that are described in the Google Summer of Code 2020 project idea "Merging OpenWISP Modules".
In short, I want to simplify the structures of some core modules in order to reduce maintenance overhead.

These modules are:

Two more important modules are currently work in progress:

I aim to have all these modules released in the next major release of OpenWISP.
I encourage anyone who is actively using OpenWISP to help us to get there.
Feedback, contributions, mentoring and any kind of support will be useful.

A special thanks to all the contributors who have helped us out in the last year and the companies who are using OpenWISP and supporting us.

Federico Capoano