OpenTSDB 1.0.0 has been released

tsuna

Dec 23, 2011, 5:13:37 PM12/23/11
to OpenTSDB
Hi all,
I am pleased to announce that OpenTSDB 1.0.0 is now available.
OpenTSDB was announced publicly just over a year ago, and it's been
deployed in production in various companies, so following the rule of
thumb that "If your software is being used in production, it should
probably already be 1.0.0"[1], it was about time to cut a first
release.

OpenTSDB 1.0.0 is available as a pre-bootstrapped source tarball here:
http://goo.gl/YOz8b – with hopefully a Debian package should be
available after New Year's.

I merged the "compact" branch into the main branch, and although TSD
compactions are still disabled by default in 1.0.0, they will be
enabled by default in 1.1.0. Everyone is encouraged to turn on TSD
compactions as explained here:
http://opentsdb.net/schema.html#reduced-overhead – you can always turn
them off again if you find a problem. StumbleUpon has been using
compactions in production for almost 6 months now, so I think I hashed
out all the major issues.

OpenTSDB 1.1.0 will definitely include a proper JSON query interface
(JSONP, maybe CORS) and will include a completely new read path (fully
asynchronous & non-blocking). I'm also hoping to include various
outstanding patches from various people and fix several annoyances
(e.g. the oddity about query start date that has almost become a FAQ
now).

Happy holidays everyone.

[1] See the FAQ on http://semver.org

--
Benoit "tsuna" Sigoure
Software Engineer @ www.StumbleUpon.com

Marcus Westin

Dec 24, 2011, 1:17:00 AM12/24/11
to OpenTSDB
Fantastic news Tsuna - congratulations on the release, and thanks for
all the great code!