Metrilyx - Open Source OpenTSDB Visualization Tool

Rod Barlow

Apr 1, 2014, 3:32:51 PM4/1/14
to open...@googlegroups.com
Ticketmaster.com recently open-sourced an amazing OpenTSDB data visualization tool, 'Metrilyx'.

Metrilyx is a web-based engine into OpenTSDB data providing self-service dashboard management. Create dashboards at scale for your entire organization, no matter how large or small. Cross cut and visualize your data in ways you never imagined.

Screenshots follow...

Stephen Wood

Apr 1, 2014, 3:40:48 PM4/1/14
to Rod Barlow, OpenTSDB
Rob,

This looks fantastic! Thanks for taking the time to open source this dashboard.

Rod Barlow

Apr 1, 2014, 4:10:03 PM4/1/14
to open...@googlegroups.com, Rod Barlow
You bet Stephen - we're doing our best to contribute back to the community. We really welcome feedback on how to make Metrilyx better and to hear how you're using it!

Rod.

Sebastian Borza

Apr 1, 2014, 4:59:48 PM4/1/14
to open...@googlegroups.com, Rod Barlow
This is actually very cool, thanks Rod!

One very quick question as I get myself familiar with the tool...how can we fiddle with y-axis ranges? For example, if I want to force the graph to start at 0 how would I go about that? Does the Range function [0:] exist like in the default TSD?

Thanks!
Message has been deleted

abs olute

Apr 1, 2014, 7:07:56 PM4/1/14
to open...@googlegroups.com, Rod Barlow
I actually mis-spoke.  The graphing library does give you the ability to fix the y-range but has not been incorporated into this release.  This will be incorporated into future release/s.

tsuna

Apr 2, 2014, 5:29:30 AM4/2/14
to Rod Barlow, OpenTSDB, abs olute
On Tue, Apr 1, 2014 at 12:32 PM, Rod Barlow <rodney...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Ticketmaster.com recently open-sourced an amazing OpenTSDB data visualization tool, 'Metrilyx'.
>
> https://github.com/Ticketmaster/Metrilyx-2.0

This is really cool. I deployed this at Arista and hacked the code a
little bit to work with our existing super old Django 1.3.1 setup, and
once I got it working I was able to re-create my little MySQL
replication lag dashboard in a couple minutes.

Thanks for sharing!

--
Benoit "tsuna" Sigoure

Filippo Giunchedi

Apr 2, 2014, 9:42:35 AM4/2/14
to OpenTSDB

On Tue, Apr 1, 2014 at 8:32 PM, Rod Barlow <rodney...@gmail.com> wrote:
Ticketmaster.com recently open-sourced an amazing OpenTSDB data visualization tool, 'Metrilyx'.

Metrilyx is a web-based engine into OpenTSDB data providing self-service dashboard management. Create dashboards at scale for your entire organization, no matter how large or small. Cross cut and visualize your data in ways you never imagined.

that's very cool! good job opensourcing this!

Krzysztof Kaczmarski

Apr 2, 2014, 10:03:42 AM4/2/14
to open...@googlegroups.com
The only thing is that the plotting library is not free. Is it possible to move to for example dc.js ?

Kraig Amador

Apr 3, 2014, 6:41:55 PM4/3/14
to open...@googlegroups.com
It should be possible and its probably worth investigating some other libraries. You'll notice that the charts do a full redraw when they append data. We ran into a few problems dealing with adding datapoints to highcharts series so the appending and redraw looks a little rough.

Filippo Giunchedi

Apr 4, 2014, 4:38:36 AM4/4/14
to OpenTSDB
not sure if it has been considered but dygraphs (http://dygraphs.com/)
comes to mind in this case, should be ok also license-wise

Abhishake Pathak

Nov 21, 2014, 8:23:06 PM11/21/14
to open...@googlegroups.com
I'll definitely take a look at dygraphs to see how it performs.

The biggest advantage we're getting from the current library is the concept of data-grouping allowing us to render several million datapoints on a single page with updates.  Essentially the number of datapoints rendered is based on the size of the graph.

cheers,